1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grill Blanket?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wkahler, Jul 11, 2009.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Where can i find one for a 2001 F-250 Super Duty Front grill? I was wanting to track one down before i forget and it is off my mind!! What i am looking for the the blanket that goes over the grill in the winter time and has a few openings you can open if need be.

Thanks in advance,
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you intend to use it while plowing. I can't get enough air in when carrying the blade.
  3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

No for a few long trips we have planned over the winter.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A local guy around here has plastic inserts that he puts in the grill of his 99+ psd. Looks much better then the blanket and he can pull certain ones out of needed to allow better airflow. And then at the end of winter or the trip he just pulls them all back out.
  5. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

6. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

What did he use? I was trying to think of something that you could cut and then paid black, but not cardboard?!?!?!?
  7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Do you really think you need them?

I run one for one winter and then never messed withthem again.
  8. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

That is the one I have. One thing about front covers is that you have to watch trans temps. My trans gets warm when abouve 20F with the cover on and the vents closed.

The cover blocks my trans cooler and trans fan.
  9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

trans fan???
  10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure what it is, I'm thinking some plastic that's on the thin side. They look flexible and are shiney, not like that narrowed it down at all,lol.
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Are you talking about a grill blanket to block air flow to the radiator? I have driven every Ford diesel that has ever been put in an Ambulance. I have never had a problem with the heat. Even with the back patient compartment running full blast.