1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Greets from NE Indiana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RandallJ, Nov 25, 2015.

1. RandallJ

RandallJ Member

Well thought I would say hi.. so Hi...

I am in to this business after many many years (probably more than most here have been alive) of paying to have snow moved..

Recently added another property to my portfolio and it is time to save a few thousand a year paying to have the melty stuff removed..

Current lots combined are about 300 cars so not too bad.. Mostly open with only one large open area (150' at widest) and most areas are under 50'.

I have to salt these lots and am looking at perhaps a Boss spreader.. Truck is a 2500 series 4x4 extended cab with an 8' western blade..

Figure if I do not feel like getting up early to do these lots, I will just hire a driver and then expand the business a bit to let him earn a bit...

For me, it would be worth it just to have my lots done for free and cover expenses of truck and repairs..

Sound unreasonable? (btw thanks for the good info here, got some guys that really know business (not just plowing lots)..

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Figure if I do not feel like getting up early to do these lots, I will just hire a driver and then expand the business a bit to let him earn a bit...

I hope this works out for you... Good Luck