1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gunny, Mar 13, 2011.

1. gunny

gunny Junior Member

Hi all! Long time creeper, 1st time poster. Ok, so I am looking to get into the industry next year. I got some cash right now to get get a truck and have found (2) used trucks at a decent price. The first is a 2005 Chevy 2500HD LS ext. cab. (4dr) 6.0, 143" wb and 4wd (56k mi). The other is a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT reg. cab, 5.7 4wd. My newbie question from the experts is what are the pro's and con's for each? I will be doing some residentials and small commercials. More importantly my 1/4 tore up drive! Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I am guessing the truck is the horse, and the plow is the cart, so if there are any recommendations for the plow that would be great too! Thanks a bunch.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Welcome to plow site, I like the chev, bigger stronger truck, try the search butten, you will find a lot of info on both trucks
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

The 2500 is a work truck, the 1500 is a grocery getter.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should go with the 2500HD. If you are going to do alot of plowing a 3/4 is the way to go IMO.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have a 2500HD and this was my first year plowing with it...it can definitely push a lot of snow and you wont be replacing front end parts as often as opposed to the half ton
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

search button is your FRIEND