1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

greenstar Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Greenstar lawn, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

Well this is my first year runnning a plow on a truck. The past 3 years i used a 4 wheeler

and just pretty much had residentials. This summer i got some commercial accounts and

also a HOA so i knew my 4 wheeler wasnt going to cut it anymore.So i went out on a search

for a bigger truck and a plow for it. I bought an 04 Chevy 2500hd and then right after my lawn

season was over i bought a 2 yr old 8' western ultra mount. I still use my 4 wheeler on a lot

of my resi but it sure is nice being inside a truck then out in the cold. This winter

really is sloooow. I only had to do a full route ONCE. Luckily for my commericals they

need bare pavement so with the bucnh of 1'' storms we have it kept me busy.

Attached Files:

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Real nice set-up and pics. Good luck.

3. Greenstar lawn

thanks man hopefully i will be able to get a few more pushes in by the end of the season. Good luck to you as well

4. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

This is my first year plowing in a truck too (previously used an Ariens snowblower) and it's so much better, listening to music in the warm, cozy cab. Best of luck, hope you get a few more pushes this year.

5. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Nice looking truck I like the Western/Chevy set up. It will be a good setup for you. Good luck.

6. Greenstar lawn

I was still able to listen to music while riding my 4 wheeler but being in the nice cozy cab is a plus. The best part about it is i no longer have to tow my trailer around bc my 4 wheeler fits in the bed of the truck, it didn't with my last truck. Good luck to you

7. Greenstar lawn

It is a good set up but i hate how much gas i go through plowing with this truck.

8. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Be lucky because I have the 8.1 and it uses twice as much gas as my 3 6.0's

9. Greenstar lawn

my gfs parents have the 8.1 as well and all they do is complain about the gas. With gas expected to reach $3.25 a gal this summer i am glad i didn't get the 8.1