1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Greenhorn looking for western plow mount for antique Chevy truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by The Cowboy, Oct 19, 2005.

1. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

Howdy,
    I will be new to snowplowing this year. I have been taking care of 25 1-acre+ properties with a 55" Gravely snowblower for the past couple of years and decided to upgrade to a heated cab this winter. I have a 1978 Chevy C20 454 2WD truck that needs a mount for a 8' western 60390 plow that someone gave me. I have had some trouble locating this mount because Western only has 4WD listings for a truck this old. I may have to get a newer chevy mount and cut it down a bit. The truck's frame rails are about 28" apart.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very new at this, and haven't a clue were to begin.

Dave:confused:

2. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

3. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I may have a mount for ya...i am going to be in n.w. indiana fri. if you want to come get it...$50.00 call me at 417-876-1280 or cell# 417-296-0554...Bob