1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Green plower, potential business plowing a lot

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BardicProse, Nov 14, 2005.

1. BardicProse

BardicProse Junior Member

Hey all,
    I bought a 94 f-250 this summer with a fisher minute mount. I have the opportunity to plow the lot of the company I work for and they asked me what I would ask for each plow. The lot is about 200'x175' half of which is paved the other half is packed dirt w/gravel. There are half a dozen straight trucks parked in one half and usually a car or two as well as a fence which separates the paved/unpaved sections of the lot. I have no idea what to charge for a job like this. It seems as if it is a considerable amount of obsticles which would slow down my work, though on the bright side most of the week I will be at the building anyways before anyone else arrives. Do you usually use a cost/sq' formula for a job like this or an hourly charge? This would be the first time I ever plow something so I am rather clueless with the rating system. Any help with getting this figured out is much appreciated.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Strictly as someplace to start - $100 for anything up to 6".

This lot is 35,000 sq ft or 8/10 of an acre. If it was open with no obstructions, it would take about 45 minutes. Based on the common $125/hr, that would be $93.75. Round up to $100. Factor in more for the split lot and the PITA factor for the obstructions (cars and trucks) and you'd be over $100. Now figure in your region being higher or lower than average for pricing. Now factor in anything else, like wanting to give a break for being your employer etc.