1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Green" plow option

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by M.McDaniel, Dec 13, 2009.

1. M.McDaniel

M.McDaniel Member

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Oh boy.........

3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

wow. people and their bikes. Oh No there is snow on my bike trail what ever will i do!?

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

is this for REAL!!! if not someone is very bored, WTF, just looking at that made me dumber lol, if i ever actually see a unit like that, i am going to run over it with my skidsteer, just based on principal

5. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

Hope the curbs are marked cause I didn't notice (didn't spend too much time looking either) any type of trip edge....over the handle bars we go!!!!!! better than the steering wheel/windshield dinner though!!

6. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I suppose we could paint our plows green... then we could honestly offer a green plowing option to our enviromentally over-conscious clients?

7. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I liked the vids at the bottom..

8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

That has to be a school project or something. I think my plow is green when it's covered in white. People and their "green" attitudes drive me nut's. Buy a hybrid, thats real green untill you have to throw out the battery's every 4-5 years

9. parnellyj

parnellyj Junior Member
    from MT

I hope this guy hooks a manhole and busts his teefers on a curb!

10. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Hey now! I own a bicycle shop too. Could be a whole sales opportunity for me.:D

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If anyone bothered to read a bit on this guy or look at dates they would realize how myopic it is to insult and criticize this guy.

It is a small BIKE path. A homemade path that he and his friends ride and maybe some others seeking exercise. He volunteers his time and efforts trying to keep somewhat of a smooth path for all. I suppose he should hire one of us to do it with a wideout with wings added.
    Wishing or hoping for personal injury to someone like that could come back to bite ya. Karma is a female dog.

12. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Well put. :nod::nod::nod:

13. buckwheat_la

more power to him, i made a point of rereading the entire thing, and still think WTF, but what people do with their time is their buisness, i well say that the thought he put into the design and mathmatics of it is very interesting, good for him.

14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I think WTF about a lot of things people do. But I don't wish harm on them. Not saying you did.
    This topic was on here I believe 2 years ago and there is another thread about it. I believe that one was more positive though.

I don't believe I would do it either but more power to him and he is doing a service for others as well so who am I to knock him. It is akin to doing a old lady's driveway for free.

Some peoples garbage is others fuel to the future.

15. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

some people have way to much time on the hands. Maybe he needs to find a girlfriend or something. :laughing::laughing:

16. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

:rolleyes: I wonder what people said about the first automobile? You think the first idea or prototype is a F250 with a triton. every idea started someplace.

Whats your original idea, did you even fallow through to a working model, to see how it would work. How to improve it. and then have the Gaul to put it on the web to be criticized by ....(*&*%$^$#^&*&* narrow minded people.

JMO

17. buckwheat_la

sure, i have designed and carried through on many ideas, some good some for naught, and if you read my next post i complimented him on his math at least, however there are things that i can honestly look at and go WTF, i am a farm kid so keep in mind invention and innovations are strong points, but i never tried to put a bale fork on a pedal bike either, WHY you ask, because it is a bad idea.

18. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

throw an engine on that baby and you got yourself a great sidewalk rig.

19. CarharttComando

CarharttComando Junior Member
    from MI

lol.. I like to flip the switch on my incab exhaust flow redirect, downshift and roll' coal on those tree huggers