1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Green Melt Treated Salt delivered NY, CT, RI, MA, NH

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kagenewengland, Dec 19, 2011.

1. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

GREENMELT
    Melts Faster/Works Longer/Use Less/Environmentally Preferred/Safer for Concrete
    Green Melt Treated Rock Salt (magnesium chloride treated with organic compounds) Order and delivery 24 hours/7 days a week ​

Albany, NY $86.00/ton
    Springfield, MA $93.00/ton
    Utica, NY $93.00/ton
    Syracuse, NY $99.00/ton
    Hartford, CT $99.00/ton
    Poughkeepsie, NY $99.00/ton
    Worcester, MA $99.00/ton
    Long Island, NY $106.00/ton
    Providence, RI $106.00/ton
    Nashua, NH $106.00/ton
    Boston, MA $106.00/ton

Please call 774-244-0106 or email thesnowman@thenaturallandscape.com for order/delivery/samples/msds
    pricing available for other locations upon request

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. kagenewengland

Any one want us to send a sample?

3. Ice Le$$

Ice Le$$ Junior Member

You say safer on concrete.. You should know by now, as a supplier, that out of na/ca/mg mgcl is the most destructive on concrete. What does the organic side of the product come from? Do you have anywhere I could get a chemical analysis or could you send me one to review?

Thanks

4. kagenewengland

Safer for concrete

I think it is important to inform all consumers that ALL chloride based deicers can be corrosive to concrete and steel when over applied, even the Ice Ban 250 that you sell under the name IB5050. In fact we have used and sold Ice Ban in the past as well as Magic and our GreenMelt, Magic Salt, Ice Ban and all other liquid treated salts, whether calcium or magnesium based, are still corrosive when over applied and are all very similar as far as effectiveness (eutectic temp, corrosiveness etc..) Unless someone is using CMA or another chloride free alternative, which are almost always cost prohibitive, there is some risk involved when material is over applied. As someone who produces and sells ice melt products I am sure you would agree. We use the term safer for concrete because our product, as well as your product Ice Ban, Magic Salt, Geomelt, Thawrox and any other ones I did not mention, are safer to use on concrete than either pure sodium chloride (rock salt) or using straight liquid magnesium or calcium. If you or anyone else would like more information please feel free to call us anytime 774-244-0106.

5. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Where can I go to check out your product?

6. kagenewengland

We store it in Worcester, Ma and Albany, NY; We could also mail you a sample

7. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

is this the same product as green ways plus

8. kagenewengland

this is our own product we have been marketing since 2007 and i don't think any one under us has sold this as green ways plus

9. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

just asked there is a green ways plus out of new jersy and one of the plants they
    get it from is albany NY
    there product is corn based

what is your price for 275 gallon totes?
    do you have spec sheets / msds ?

10. kagenewengland

We have a similar product using corn/agricultural with mag chloride, but also offer a low phosphorus product with a different corrosion inhibitor
    we will send you msds in the morning; do you have an email you would prefer us to use

11. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

Is Green Melt Safe for Wood decks and Composite decking? i have a client that would like me to spread it on her deck so her pups wont slip and so that her kids can use the hot tube. she has a composite deck in the back yard and a cedar deck in the front,

12. Ice Le$$

Ice Le$$ Junior Member

I was still wondering if you could let us know what the "organic compounds" are. Is it beet juice? Is it corn syrup? Is greenmelt just mgcl with coloring/dye like SWP's product?

13. kagenewengland

As stated above...

14. kagenewengland

This product should be fine on decking, but you should be careful with the pets because of the chlorides.

15. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

Same prices for 2012-13 season?

16. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

What would be your minimum amount in bulk delivered to Poughkeepsie?

17. kagenewengland

same prices this season and our minimum would be +or- 32.5 tons in order to honor the price as listed

18. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Do you mean 22.5 tons? Dot will lock you up and throw away the key hauling 32.5 :confused:

19. kagenewengland

Sorry leigh we were responding to skull finder's request for delivery to NY. In NY we run 117,000 lbs gross with a type 9 overweight permit using a 7 axle truck/trailer combination. In your state Connecticut we typically run a 4 axle straight truck grossing @ 76,500 lbs because 80,000 lbs is Connecticut;s max for a truck/trailer.

20. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks--let me look into some logistics and crunch some numbers.If your product is stored outside under a tarp,will it harden and if so app.how long before it does?