1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Green Machines!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by paponte, Dec 23, 2010.

1. paponte

paponte Senior Member

The yard was filled with some "green" today, so I snapped a couple of shots. Crappy cell pics, but you get the idea. Thumbs Up

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

2. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Salt pile, have another load coming in tomorrow. We have gone through 100 tons so far this season.

IMAG0091.jpg

3. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

isnt that sand or is it mixed

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice looking fleet

5. DobbinsINC

DobbinsINC Member

must be nice to salt or plow, I wouldn't know yet...nice fleet and freightliners

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

We haven't plowed at all this season yet. That tonnage was from sales and the one "event" we had. We also have two loaders that are on jobs not at the shop. And yes that's salt, not a pile of sand.

7. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

you must of taken the pic of the cat before the rest because the door is not on and the spreader in the back blocking the window is there.

8. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yes, the plow was just finished out of the shop so I snapped a pic of it. The door was put on for the season, and the last spreader was put on the 650.

9. man4054

man4054 Senior Member

Nice freightliner and F-650. Do you have any close ups of them??

10. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I'll snap some pics tomorrow at the shop. I would imagine you are talking about the FL70, and not the larger tandem when you said Freightliner?

I can't upload another picture, but there is a pic of the lw50 in this thread:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=113123

11. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

good looking fleet, paponte! what plows are those? i know they are disguised in green paint, but what brand? western? boss?

good luck this winter!

12. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Like the green theme, very distinct.

13. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Keith, they are Westerns except for the one on the skid. I believe it's a Fisher. I've used Western all my life and have them down to a science, except for my last episode which was an internal controller problem.

14. man4054

man4054 Senior Member

Yea that's what I meant FL-70, the dump truck is also nice.

15. paponte

paponte Senior Member

The FL70 is a hooklift system. We run dumpsters with it and a mason body. we also have a box we use for our sidewalk crew at a development we do. We load it up with blowers and icemelt and leave it onsite for the winter.

16. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice equipment. Those plows are pretty sweet painted up like that.

17. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Thanks! We used to paint all of our stuff over the years, but have gotten away from it being it can be very time consuming. I actually had a couple of customers ask what happened to your green fleet? We started it up again as of this year, already been getting remarks. I'll see if I can find some more pics from previous years. Merry Christmas everyone.

18. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

:eek:Seems a little high. But maybe I am wrong. I would think 10 is more of a correct figure. Not sure though. Nice setup though.

19. paponte

paponte Senior Member

And how did you calculate that Correct figure?

20. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Nice fleet.