1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Green lights in Ohio

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JimMarshall, Apr 11, 2016.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Please help me out, I'm search impaired. Looking for a thread from a month (6 weeks?) ago? Topic was lights, specifically green lights in Ohio. There was a link to Ohio motor vehicle codes showing that color combo was for ODOT only. Can someone point it out to me?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So I saw a road commission truck the other night with an amber and green flashing to the rear. I was a good half mile back, and both were very bright. But dang if it isn't confusing trying to figure out what you're coming up to.

4. jdsquire

jdsquire Member

Mark, I saw a news report on GR news station the other week about Kent Co. trying to get these on their trucks. But no mention was made about private contractors.

5. STARSHIP

STARSHIP Member

6. JimMarshall

from NW PA

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Rentwood and Wyoming have them as well. I think they are confusing. With the KCRC one, it was on 131 and maybe I'm becoming color blind, but I couldn't tell if it was an accident that I was coming up on and should prepare to stop or what the heck was going on.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

9. JimMarshall

from NW PA

10. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

For what its worth, I read an article about green lights, they say that you can see them better. Not sure what article I saw this in. I know alot of companies that make lasers for GUNS have green lasers