1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Green Concrete

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Chaser13114, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Chaser13114

Chaser13114 Senior Member

I have a shopping center that is just being built. They have an area of parking and loading/unloading that is all green concrete. I need to come up with a method of ice control on this 40,000 sq ft area. I normally use rock salt but I am concerned over the potential damage that may result. Cost is of some concern because this was not included in the original contract and it would be an additional expense to the client. They have expressed concern over any substantial additional expenses. I'm looking for some suggestions on what I should recommend for this situation. In the mean time I have agreed to salt it lightly only when absolutely necessary. I'm not crazy about doing that but have no better ideas as of yet.
  2. Chaser13114

Chaser13114 Senior Member

Well after I posted this I did a search and found multiple other posts on this subject. It doesn't look like there are many good options and my agreement to salt it on a limited basis may not be a wise idea either. I leave this post up in hopes someone will have the magic answer (no pun intended) I'm not sure thats the cure all product either how ever many people seem to swear by it.
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Nate are you going to get the liquid rig going that would be better for this place it would dilute so fast should not harm surface