1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Green Christmas

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by porter, Dec 24, 2001.

1. porter

porter Junior Member

Well looks like were gonna get a green christmas up here in eastern canada. all the forcast calls for is rain, rain and more rain.

Merry Christmas

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Light rain started here about half hour ago. Now I'll be expecting calls for sanding so relatives and friends can get in driveways.

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

We have about an inch dusting of snow on the ground now. Not much else forcasted. It's white but not enough to plow.

4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Down in London (Ont) it rained Saturday night and most of Sunday, by the time I left last night (Tuesday) there had been a grand total of 3/4" accumulation of snow!

Got home about 2:30 am, even less than that here. :(

Oh well, looking at the bright side - since I work as a sub, I didn't miss any $$$-making opportunities while I was away! ;)

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

SNOW...........10 inches in Alexandria Bay ny (US- Canadian
    Border) since xmas eve.....snowing now !!!!!!!!!
    Watertown gettin clobbered 20 miles south.........
    Hannibal NY.....nothing nada !

Hey Rob !...............................Geo

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

sonjaab - I think you're getting some of what was supposed to come here. No snow predicted so went to bed last night, not planning on getting up early. Dog woke me up about 3:30 wanting out. It was snowing lightly and had a good amount on the ground. Got dressed and went to sleep in the chair so I'd be ready by 5:00. Went out at 5:00 to get ready and measured --- 2". Everybody is on a 3" trigger. Hasn't snowed enough in the last hour to even show on the tape measure :( . I guess I'll just sit here awhile and see if anybody calls.