1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great Storm Story!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by TEEJAY, Mar 18, 2007.

1. TEEJAY

TEEJAY Junior Member
    from NE PA

I feel I need to share this story!

My plow truck is a 1997 F-250 LD with 185,000 miles on it. (see gallery) Last night while plowing a trucking terminal I encountered a driver that was stuck. The road was plowed but he was pulling twin "pup" trailers and was just spinning his tires. Long story short, using a nylon tow strap I was able to pull him with my truck in 4 wheel low just enough to get moving and drive away. He was shocked as he thought I was nuts for even thinking that my truck could pull a tractor trailer. Needless to say my buddy with a duramax was speachless. Gotta love a FORD!

2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Thats what I'm talking about!! :drinkup: Gotta love them Fords :D

3. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Fords were made for 4Low

4. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Not to burst you bubble but I watched a 1/2ton dodge with a 318 pull a semi out once. Good job on getting the guy moving again though.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Any 3/4 ton could probably do it, but Fords do it with style!

6. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

Hey my F150 has saved many a truck from a snow bank....but never a semi...I'm not that ballsy!!! Go 1/2 ton....boy now I reeeeaaallly want a 3/4 250..LOL

Good Job!!!

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm assuming the simi driver was helping too?

8. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I'm sure he was.. haha

ive pulled a peterbilt with a tanker trailer that was stuck in stones out...4L in a 250.

9. TEEJAY

TEEJAY Junior Member
    from NE PA

Yeah the driver was spinning his wheels and just couldn't move on top of the snow pack. My truck was spinning the tires and kinda wiggling side to side then all of sudden I felt the truck creeping forward. Then I heard the truck driver really crank up his RPM's and finally start moving!

The lady stuck in the rut behind him was a piece of cake to pull out after that.

10. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Ya gotta love Ford's. The biggest I pulled out was a 3,000 gallon fire tanker with my 77 half ton 4x4. I did get a 6 wheel county size plow/ dump truck out with my 79 two wheel drive, the strap helps alot.

11. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that would make a good tv commercial for Ford!!

12. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

That's awesome!! Great Job!!!!

FORD POWERwesport !!!!

13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Most times it just takes a bit of a pull in the right direction to get it DONE !
    I love pulling Chevy's out of deep stuff, They shield their eyes as they say " Thanks Man"
    and they drive off. The last huge storm we had, I pulled a Little Blazer high centered on a snow pile into the street with my yank strap.They were AMAZED that it was that easy!