1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great Site

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NPC2002, Apr 17, 2002.

1. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

Sure is nice to have a board like this to dedicated to the one thing I love to do, PUSHING SNOW!!!! Were are you guys from and how was your winter? Was going to be a louisy winter(as far as snowfall) in N.Wisconsin untill March made up for it. I took this picture last week and now we are in the 80's this past few days.Looking forward to using this board,Andy

dcp_0003.jpg

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Welcome to Plowsite Andy! This time of year, new posts may be sporadic. Try the search feature to find some great discussions we've had in the past on just about any topic you can think of related to snow or this business. Of course you should feel free to post any new topics, thoughts, or questions as well!

~Chuck

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

At least he has the right plow on the truck.
    Welcome.

4. John Allin

You might want to scope out Chuck's site (it's in his post)
    and www.sima.org

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I suppose the Boss will do since they probably don't sell a Fisher in Wisconsin ;) . Most of the country ( not including MI and WI) got about half the snowfall of average so there has been some grumbling except those with seasonal accounts. I think you guys hogged all the snow.

Wait till next year.

6. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

We Had a total of 75 inches this year and 40 of that came in March. It isnt like it use to be, The UP Mich had 200+ from the lake effect and a majority of that snow melted last week from the 80 temps and they are having big flooding problems.Pennies From Heaven!!

7. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

I used to live in Tomahawk, WI so I know what you mean.
    Everyone else,
    Your not gonna believe this but its snowing again. Not at my house but 1hr up the Parks HWY. 30" and still snowing since yesterday. I really wish spring would get here. They are calling for 1-3" for here tonite. Whens it gonna stop!

8. John Allin

Alaska ?!?!?!
    Of course it's still snowing....
    Has the sun come up yet??

We have snow predicted here for Monday (4/22).
    85 degrees here yesterday.

Screwy weather this spring.

9. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Awesome rig, Andy ! We also enjoyed a very good winter for snowfall. It sure wasn't normal, with very warm spells mixed with large storms. Overall, I would prefer this type of winter to one with 105 inches at 1-3 inches per night. That would have meant a bit more $, but it does take a toll on equipment and attitudes. This winter everyone seemed anxious the whole time to get plowing, and we didnt really ever get "tired" of it, like you do on those 20-25 days in a row type of winters.

10. PINEISLAND1

How far are you from the Border ? Have you ever tried to escape to Michigan ?

11. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

Tom,
    Thanks for the compliment on the rig! I live around 40-60 miles from the boarder of the UP depends on which way you go (NW-NE). I was on Lake Superior (Saxton Harbor)on Monday fishing for salmon and the outlet for the Montreal River was gushing fast, it took us 1 mile out from shore to find some clear water. They are having bad flooding problems there. So I was pretty close to Michigan that day, Oh we rode up to Lake Gogebic on the snowmobiles one day. Man do those guys get some lake effect, we are right on the edge of the snowbelt. You can go 15-30 Miles north and there will be 2x more snow than we have. It is amazing the differance,still blows my mind. What part of Mich do you live? Andy

12. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

Tom,
    Thanks for the compliment on the rig! I live around 40-60 miles from the boarder of the UP depends on which way you go (NW-NE). I was on Lake Superior (Saxton Harbor)on Monday fishing for salmon and the outlet for the Montreal River was gushing fast, it took us 1 mile out from shore to find some clear water. They are having bad flooding problems there. So I was pretty close to Michigan that day, Oh we rode up to Lake Gogebic on the snowmobiles one day. Man do those guys get some lake effect, we are right on the edge of the snowbelt. You can go 15-30 Miles north and there will be 2x more snow than we have. It is amazing the differance,still blows my mind. What part of Mich do you live? Andy

Clay Cliffs

dcp_0007.jpg

13. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

John Allin,
    We are up to about 15 hours of daylight now. We gain alittle over 5 mins everyday. Jun 21 will be pretty close to 24 hrs of daylight.

14. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

It must be awful hard to get all the snow plowed before sunup....

15. PINEISLAND1

I live on the western side of Lower MI.. We have a house in the western UP near the Cisco chain of lakes, 12 miles West of Watersmeet. I am supposed to go up there to work a week from Monday on the Cisco chain of lakes, but I may back out due to turkey hunting conflicts :) . I takes me longer to get to our deer camp over there than to get to south central Iowa where we bird hunt !10 hrs minimum to Watersmeet.

The state Police were blocking traffic this week on US 2 between Watersmeet and Ironwood because it was flooded.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2002
  16. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

The Snow Gods wont let go of winter!!! I woke up to 5 inches of snowfall over the night and a busy phone. Now I think I am sick of the snow (I never thought I would say that) but the is delaying my spring projects. Got to go Plowing!! Andy