1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great site! Please Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BOSS TOY, Oct 31, 2010.

1. BOSS TOY

BOSS TOY Member

I am a commercial Landscaper with nothing to do when it snows Except move the snow for my customers. For years I have seen damage to my landscapes due to snow clearing and have decided to specialize in this very serious business. I need everything running perfect and have some questions about supplying power to my plow and lights. I have been told many different things. 2004 HZJ Toyota Landscruiser (Mine Truck 6 cyl Diesel) 7'6" Boss straight blade (poly) Thanks

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Hey bud,

I think you will have to be a little clearer on your questions. If you are asking about running power for your plow, you might want to see a mechanic that is good with electrical. As fair as using your plow for driveways, you may also get many opinions on that.

Anyway, good luck.

3. BOSS TOY

BOSS TOY Member

Thanks

Plow is installed and works but really hasnt been put to the test. It didnt snow last year in Victoria BC. My parking lots are small So I chose a Landcruiser mine truck which is not a regular Truck. Mount and Harness for my 2009 Boss straight blade was for a Toyota tundra and needed to be modified. I am concerned that I need to have 2 battrys and a alternator that is more than 80 amps, I would like to add some lights this year, and I also run a reciever snowex salt spreader. I am trying to foresee and eliminate any cooling and chargeing problems that may arise with working for 18 hrs straight rather than playing with it all for a few minutes. So far I have a guy that wants to charge me $800 for a new alternator, Someone else want to run plow and accessories from a seprate generator. Not sure what to think.

Thanks

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

wow.:eek:.

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I recomend to everyone that plows to up grade to a second battery. A 100 amp alternator would also be a good idea. Fast charge times, and less draw with higher amperage.

6. BOSS TOY

BOSS TOY Member

So any old alternator works as long as it is 100 amp or more and I can make it fit. Are all alternators created equal. 2 battrys exactly the same 120-140 amp alternator,off the shelf, upgraded wires to battrys and alternator and an isolator. I'm stuck on buying a regular alternator, or getting one specially upgraded with diodes and whatever else, which will cost $800 apparently.