1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great Service = Happy Customers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kipcom, Jan 31, 2009.

1. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

This is the result after a 12" snow fall in Indy that occured on 1-27 / 28 2009.
    HOA roadway / 1.2 miles of main roadway includes one hill incline, one curved hill incline, 3 - 3way stops, 1 - 4way stop...This is one of many locations we provide service too in the Indianapolis area. 200+ home sites, 5 cul-de-sacs also.

These pics were taken 3pm on 1-29-2009

For those of you wondering ::::::
    Labor = 3hrs to clear cul-de-sacs (5)
    and 4 push's on main roads 1.25hrs and only 400 lbs de-icer salt applied :)

1-27-09 12inchs (676 x 507).jpg

1-27-09 02 12inches (676 x 507).jpg

1272009 12inches (676 x 507).jpg
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

That's awesome........makes me all misty eyed.

We have more coming, Tues/Weds:D
  3. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Very nice pics
  4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

T Y wesport

My point is.....why is it so hard for some (not all) contractors to provide "great" service to their customers. As I drive around and check properties that we service, I have to pass or drive thru others and they are done <<< half - azz >>>> roads are not curb to curb, lots are not edge to edge...snow piled in places it does not belong and obstructs the view of drivers. Then I hear from business owners and HOA's(not ours) about things like....The mail man wont deliver our mail because the roads are not plowed close enough to the mail boxes. We lost 1/2 of our parking, people are getting hit when they pull out of our lot etc. etc.

Just venting :::::: We provide the service "Because we Care" and live by the business motto >>> If we dont take care of the customer 100%, someone else will. Even after this record snowfall we have a 100% customer satisfaction rate. You can bet there will be some extra $$$ in the workers check for this snow...Thanks Guys & Gals !!!! Great Job.

Below is a pic of an HOA next to one of ours...another contractor (name withheld)

1292009 sunningdale dr. (676 x 507).jpg
  5. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Nice pics! A job well done. Quality service is worth more than a thousand words of adverstising.
  6. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

I can totally relate I have subdivisions that I service regularly, Roads and drives. Just after I get the roads done these other companies come through leaving trails everywhere, it's like they don't care about their own quality of service. I like everything nice and clean, corner to corner. By the way nice job, glad to see others with the same work ethics.
  7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just a statement real quick. Your pics look great, nice job. However, you have to remember that not all HOA's, or businesses are willing to pay for salt/ de-icer. I plow a HOA here, and they won't pay for plowing unless the snow is at least 4 inches deep. So even after I give them great service the roads won't be bare, because they drove over snow for 2 weeks before we got a snowfall deep enough for me to plow, and they won't pay for salt to take it back down to bare roads. So my statement is although your roads are 98% bare and look great, it may not be that the next contractor doesn't provide the best service, it may be that the HOA is cheep
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I was going to say the same thing:drinkup:
  9. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I plow a private road serving 26 homes. They have an assc. Each home pays x amount of money per year. I could wipe their money out in a month if I did too much. Have to gauge it accordingly. Do the best that they can afford.:jester:
  10. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

I can totally relate to HOA's that just can not afford to pay for road salting. It just so happens the HOA in the last picture called me and asked how we can get bare roads and theirs are still snow and ice covered when the snow contractor applied over 1200 lbs of salt. I told them in mpo.....they did not apply anything...there is just too much snow and ice still on the roads.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

just because they can own a plow truck doesnt mean they can opereate one imo, my brother in law came out to shovel his wifes roof , i was gone so he figured he'd do me a favor, and plow me out well after knocking over my rock wall, he moved down to another spot and got stuck, i just got done fixing his favor. i lost about 5 ' because my wheelre is more capable than his big ass 3/4 ton or maybe its the poerator lol. he left bitchin about who would want to live up here in all this snow lol. he didnt even finish shoveling the roof wtf
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I have never seen residential streets look that nice..

Good work..:drinkup:
  13. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Nice job. Looks very professional
  14. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I like snow covered streets. Feels like winter. I wish everyone just sanded and no salt. All people need to do is slow down and drive carefully. Vehicles would last longer too. Nice job BTW.