1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great Plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bosman, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Got my first chance to use my new sno-way the other day and way very impressed, it brought a smile to face every time the plow was dropped. I could not believe the performance of this plow, its a 7.5' MT w/ DP, wireless remote and deflector. I wanted the biggest and best sno-way I could get, but for my accounts, anything more would have been overkill here in central ohio. I guess my dealer was right. Here is a pic pushing out one of my residentials.

2009_01140006.jpg

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks for choosing Sno-Way and sharing the pix. We appreciate your business. :waving:

3. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

The MT 7'6" w/ DP is an awesome plow... tell me how I know :)

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

JW but what about it impressed you so much? (Not bashing snow way at all), was it the down pressure, wireless remote etc? I'm just curious to see what is it about the plow that you love so much!

5. bosman

bosman Senior Member

For starters, I have it on a 2007 crew cab long bed w/ the duramax, I can't even feel it on the front going over tracks or speed bumps etc. No Timbrens needs, no t bar adjusting. Next, we got 1.5" on Monday and didn't plow the commercial lots, all the cars compacted the snow into ice, then 7" came on Wed. When I plow it, I can run big loops around the property, the first few I ran w/o dp and thought it looked fine, the last few were w/ dp on and I thought it looked great.
    I also do a few residential drives (50), and backdragging w/ dp, well I've got a long truck, so I've got to backdrag pretty far, it made a huge difference.
    As far as the wireless remote, I held in my right hand and as long as I didn't hold it too low it worked great, I'm guessing it was too close to the radio. When I held it up a little it worked fine.
    Furthermore, I can have the plow off in about 1 minute and put it on in 5, by myself. Its super easy w/ the wireless.

Sorry I was so vague in my previous post.

6. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

bosman, Nice looking set up. Is that the old body style or the NBS ? Did they have to cut anything on your front bumper/airdam/lower cowling to make the frame mount fit ? Got any pics of it behind the plow ?

7. bosman

bosman Senior Member

That was the first thing I asked after installation, and they told me they didn't have to cut anything. Oh, and its the '07 Classic (old body style). I'll get some pics from behind it here soon.

8. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

You don't have to cut the air dam on the new chevy's (07-09) or the old bod style (99-07). All we do is push the air dam up with the plow mount. It does bend it slightly. But it looks much better than cutting a big chunk out of the air dam.