1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great light for plowers on a budget

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Sound Man, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a pretty good price from what I have seen....

3. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

This sure seems like advertising without saying so.

Get what you pay for I say.

5. Sound Man

Sound Man Junior Member

i am not advertising at all!! i just got this light for this winter and for the price you can not beat it. the craftsmanship is amazing for the price. and the reviews are positive. why do people have to be such assholes. i was only sharing some info.

6. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Looks I will be ordering a red one. Looks like a good light.

7. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

i got a whelen guardian last year at the end of the season for the same price from a place called fleet safety

8. phen440

phen440 Junior Member

9. acornish

acornish Senior Member

yes wolo light is nice for the price maybe i chould have gought one in blue but i got code3 mini for a good deal may get one for a back up though

10. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Magnets are crap in Wolo.....bought the same light and it blew off going 50 mph down a county road. Called Wolo and they told me it was only made for 10 mph. They told me for my application I should buy a permanent mount light.

11. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Not going to comment on the light but will just share this saying I learned along time ago. "Buy Cheap, get Cheap" and my other favorite "saving a few penny's now may cost you many more later"

12. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Can't say you're wrong....I'm guessing if I called you and told you what happened, you'd make good on it as opposed to saying that "the fine print tells you that you shouldn't use these with a vehicle in motion".

Do you have a recommendation for a similar lower cost, yet quality light bar from your shop? LED or Rotory is fine.

13. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

That light is a spin off of an older model SVP. I'm not going to Diss the light because you got what you wanted and for the price. Nothing wrong with that. I'm partial to the rotator lights anyhow. I wish you lotsa luck with it and don't let people get you down. Just one bit of advise... if your plugging it into your cigarette lighter... watch the heat coming off the plug. If you get a chance also stock up on some bulbs. Make sure you get a good seal if you should open that up and wax up the lense... Rain X works well helps keep the snow and ice off it.

14. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Dude that's sucks. Those magnets were the first thing I thought of when I saw this model.

15. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

Had The same thing happen with mine last winter. Blew right off the top of the truck at like 45 mph. Hey it slid really nice down the road after it fell off.... lol.. It sits too high off the roof for a magnet mount.

16. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

I found a guy who sells led's on ebay for really cheap. I mounted them inside the cabs of my trucks, by getting 1 1/2" aluminum L channel and some adjustable L brackets to mount to rear of cab. Each light is 22 led's and 6 fit real well inside the truck. I also picked up a front window 18 led light that plugs in from the same guy for each truck. The ones for the rear are some of the brightest I have seen. The front one is average. The 22 led's came w a box that has 3 operational modes.
    You can find him on ebay under snow plow lights he is the only u.s. seller and has free shipping on everything.
    I can honestly it costs me including making my bracket that it costs me about $80 per truck to buy and install. I do go a little over board on the install as I make everyone look as good as I can.

17. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

How about some pictures..

18. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Unfortunately there is not one manufacturer that I know of that will guarantee the light on any vehicle while in motion. I get the "why do they make a magnetic mount lightbar then" comment all the time. Just keep in mind that several factors go into mounting any magnetic mount bar on your roof and will effect how well is stays on. The magnets themselves, the contact with the vehicle, the amount of room between the roof and the bottom of the bar, the curvature of the bar, etc... Even if you bought it from us we would not have any way to replace the bar. We sell thousands of magnetic mount bars yearly and inevidibly we see 1 or 2 a year fly off. Why it happens I will never know but it does happen so just be carefull and keep your magnets and your roof clean.

19. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

I took some pics and will be posting them.

20. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

Day light photos of the lights and mounting bracket I talked about. Will get some night phots up soon as well.

truck2.jpg

truck7.jpg

truck3.jpg