1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great deal but need custom mounts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jbmagi, Jan 27, 2011.

1. jbmagi

jbmagi Junior Member
    from CT

i found an old snoway listed for 600. Yesterday the guy said he wanted only 250. Today i got a voice mail saying to make him an offer. Here is the catch. He has nothing truckside and I have an 07 tundra. I am assuming a totally custom mount and hook up. Am i nuts to try to mount an old 3 pin snoway to an 07 tundra.

If not what do i need and how should i go about finding or making it.

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I would say if you have the fab skills then go for it. It may be cost prohibitive to have someone else fab it up for you.
    I just put an old Meyer C-8 (20 years old or more) on my 2010 Dodge 2500HD so anything can be done.

3. jbmagi

jbmagi Junior Member
    from CT

I do not have the skills or equipment to fab it myself. I have a friend who could if we had something truckside to work from. However we dont even have an old bracket to use for a reference.
    I have been getting quotes from a few local welders that it could be around 800 to make up the bracket for me. Let alone having to make a wiring and control set up.
    Even though i can practically steal the plow I dont know if I want to sink 1k into custom mounting an old plow.

4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Keep your eyes open for a Toy with a plow and look under it to get some ideas. Maybe another manufacturers carton could work with some mods.