1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great Blizzard Dealers

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by abbert55, Jan 17, 2008.

1. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

I want to take a minute here to thank D&G Equipment (Mason & Howell, MI.), and Complete Hyd.(Franklin, IN) for their great service and extra mile efforts. Although Blizzard had my plow finished a week ago, They did not have a mount for my truck (96 GMC 2500HD). After several attempts to locate one from other dealers and several calls to the Blizzard factory... one is on the way:salute: I Hope this will help to build some confidence with all who have had problems in the past. Take heart... there are great dealers within the network.
    Al

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Well I'm glad D&G could help you!!! I bought my first plow from them back in 03 (mason) and the sale was great. When the plow had issues it was anything but easy. They are over an hour away ( at the time it was the closest dealer) my plow was messing up and they told me it was my justy plow pins!!! What ?????? They did fix my broken spring in the slide box but as far as electical problems ( bad coil/valve) they were anything but helpful. At the time blizzard tech support was great (I beleive jonathan was his name) they helped me out. I drove back there ( only place to get parts) and fixed it in the rain in their parking lot 2 days after brain surgeory!!! Not fun. The thing is my dad was working at their new store at this time and knew some of these guys, but that didn't help. Honestly if it isn't a big green tractor D&G isn't too concerned IMO. Glad to hear your finally getting your plow ,you'll like the SW !!! Good Luck !!!

3. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

Complete Hyd.(Franklin, IN) has always given me good service

4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I also had a horrible experience with D&G. The Howell location though. First the install sucked. They didn't hide any wires. Just ran them directly over the motor on top of everything. Zip tied them to my throttle cable :dizzy: and told me they didn't send enough wire to do it right. THEN MAKE IT!!!! Then my cutting edge broke. They told me it was my fault, yeah no I baby the hell out of this thing. So I took it to a metal Fab shop turned out it wasn't hardened properly, got Blizzard involved and bam they paid for it. Maybe they do better work now and I'm glad they took care of you. My experience BLEW, but as Magna says. I can't expect much from a deer dealer, the plows white :D

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Too bad Al, I've got a mount off my old 97 setting in my garage.

6. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Hey John,
    Thanks for the offer.... UPS has just landed the mount in Mason today:) D&G called and set Monday for install.... they said all day because their installer is meticulous :salute: More good news!! Have you thought about E-Bay... I see many used blizzard mounts there!! Will keep you informed as to quality. Send some snow my wayprsport
    Al

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

No problem Al, I'm not in a particular need or hurry to sell a single mounts, but when someone is in need I try to help out. But they're just stroking you if they say it takes all day for an install. It may take all day due to interuptions here and there, doing multiple things at a time, etc etc. Your truck should be a couple hours for truck mount, and harness install.

You did get the 8-6 Speedwing, right?

8. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

John,
    I did get the 860SW... I was thinking about a set of danger wings added to give me a little more advantage..... just arrive at the job, pin the wings back and plow.... let's see you'd be 11'9" wide:dizzy: (remember Blizzard ad... there is no big job.... just small equipment?)
    When ready to transport... unpin the wings and go;)
    Wadda U think?
    Al:)

9. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Magnatrac,
    I'll let ya know how everything goes Mon. evening after the install.
    Al.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Sounds good to me, I think of wings on my wings every time I am plowing nice fluffy lake effect. Might get taxing though, with mashed potatoe snow.

Is your 96 a 350?

Mine current 96 chev is a 350 and pushes an 810, but not sure I'd want Danger wings for that. My Dmax--Ya, give me some widthwesport

11. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

John,
    My 96 is a 350. I do believe if you were to add wings... you would want to plow in low
    range. With an 810 you'de be 12' W I D E (read OVERSIZE LOAD):rolleyes: You could always remove the danger wings for mashed potatoe snow. Just a thought.

The install went as planned with no surprises:bluebounc D&G did a stellar job of mounting and installation. We are supposed to get 1-3" tonight and wouldn't you know..... the fuel pump went out just as I pulled into the shop.... of course with a full tank of gas.
    Well tomorrow is another day.
    Al

12. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Good to hear and sorry to hear. Now you need to post some pics of the new toy.

13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Al, bang on the bottom of the tank, it'll most likely take off.

14. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Got to the shop this morning and the fuel pump decided to work..... drove to the repair shop and we connected a Mac meter inline and saw that the motor had a bad spot on the armature. I emptied the fuel, dropped the tank and installed a new one. I think we're ready again. Truck is dirty from driving yesterday... so will take a few shots when cleaned up.:waving: