1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Great Battery!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BlizzardBeater, Jan 22, 2011.

1. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Well, the first battery of the year finally kicked the bucket last night in the middle of plowing. I've always been a HUGE fan of buying top quality batteries so I went into carquest this morning to see what they had. I left with their 78-84 advanced generation severe service battery. Wow! i am impressed. This is one heck of a battery. Its a silver alloy plate design with negative envelope seperators. This battery has twice the wire diameter of normal grids. And this battery is HEAVY! It screams heavy duty. Plus the 3 year free replacement and 84 month pro-rated warranty is top notch. My price on it was like $80 which is CHEAP for a good battery, I dont know what retail is on it however. I could go on but you guys get the idea. Plus its made by East Penn manufacturing instead of johnson controls. For anybody that knows the REAL facts about batteries, this should mean something. Johnson controls usually makes the cheaper batteries like neverstarts and other outlet value brands. Just figured I'd share with you guys since its battery season lol.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Bigger is always better, thanks for the info

3. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I use the Diehard Platinium