1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grease recommendations

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BD1, Dec 5, 2013.

1. BD1

BD1 Member

What grease would u recommend for the fittings & what would u recommend for the moving parts?

Thanks

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Valvoline Synpower

I don't think you can find a better grease out there for automotive applications than the fully synthetic Valvoline Synpower:
    NLGI No. 2 thickness
    NLGI GC-LB for both chassis and bearing lubrication
    Lithium complex EP (extreme-pressure) MP (multipurpose) grease for most optimal properties
    High-temperature grease
    Fully synthetic Group III base oil for extreme working temperature range from -40 to 400 F
    Contains molybdenum disulphide, which is crucial to prevent scoring of metal surfaces
    Contains ZDDP, which is crucial to protect against oxidation of the base oil and metal surfaces
    Can be used in all automotive applications for all makes, including disc-wheel bearings and CV joints and high-temperature applications

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I've thought about marine wheel bearing grease just my opinion

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I use Mercury 2-4-C grease on my plow.

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Schaeffer greases are top shelf.

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo