1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grease guns

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PLOWMAN45, Sep 12, 2007.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

anything new on the market aside from reg ones where you loose half the grease loading the pos up ?

2. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

you can spend alot of money buying 40gal drums and use a air operated system.

3. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

i have used some battery operated ones that are real nice.

4. PLOWMAN45

yeah i know abnout the 40 gal grease set ups i wont use that in my lifetime the battery ones are they easy to load

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, I've had a Lincolin 12V gun for about 2 years now and I still find it's ease of use very nice. Very handy tool indeed.

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Battery operated are AWESOME. I have 3 tractors to grease and as you can imagine I go thru a lot of grease. I was totally impressed.
    Get it on ebay. I know, I know, I hate ebay too, but the wife made me look and it was $200 in the store and I paid $64 for a brand new in the box one including shipping for one on ebay.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: Hummmm:cool:

A pic thread with out pics:nono:

Hear is a pic of mine.

One for the boat trainer.
    one for chassis grease.
    one with wheel bearing grease.;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic of the Lincoln 12V gun...

LNC-1244.jpg

9. PLOWMAN45

when i mean easy to load i mean the grease part of it like those convent ones at the bottom are a real to load i will check ebay out

10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

ok, im sure alot of you are not going to agree with me on this, but I do not like our electric lincolin gun. We where at a farm show about 3 years ago when we bought our first one, and since then I have used it 2 times. I think there to heavy and clumsy when your under farm equipment. I guess a guy could shorten up the hose on it a bit, but even then, when you get one that wont take grease it just pushes it out the relief and by the time you realize it its all over you. I guess its alright when you are able to stand and grease something, but when im trying to crawl around under a truck or chisel plow Im going to stick to my good old hand pump gun!

11. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

we have 3 lincoln 12v grease guns for all of our tractors, 36 row planter ( LOTS OF GREASE, 3 TUBES PER GREASE SESSION), combines, bulldozers, excavator, semi's. i haven't used a hand pump in YEARS. i think those are a lot more clumsy than the battery ones. One hand for the hose, one hand for the trigger, that simple. not having to find something to hold the hand pump against is well worth it.

12. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Lincoln has come out with a new 14.4 volt grease gun with 2 speeds and a grease monitor check it out on their website lincolnindustrial.com

13. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I agree. They are great for the greasing the dinky toys. Like the truck, small stuff, etc... but for the real stuff I find them unefficient and just use a hand pump. Our excavators take 3-4 tubes in the blink of an eye and by the time you get to the second one your battery seems low and it slows down.

14. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

that clear tubes are a nice touch so know how much have in the gun .i never had a problem with pistol style with exchangable tips for the hard to reach zerks

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Pistol grip, lever type and 12v, they are all Lincoln's and they all serve a different purpose, but the 12v is my fav.

16. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Anybody know where to get a fitting so I can grease the center of my boss vee? All the boss vee plow owners will know what I am talking about. Each hindge section has a little hole to grease and there is a special fitting to use.

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I just use a needle fitting, it has a grease fitting on one end and a thick needle on the other end. You just put it on the end of any grease gun. You can buy them from most auto part stores or where you bought your grease gun from. They might have to order one in though.

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic of one like JD Dave is talking about....they work great on the Boss hinge pin grease holes...

31zeoHBaCJL__SS500_.jpg

19. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That is exactly what I am looking for, Thanks

20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

sometimes the Long ones are a little to small and they will bend easily.
    I use a short one that fits the hole on the Boss vertical hinge like a glove.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008