1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grease for my ASV

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by LR3, Feb 10, 2012.

1. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

What's the best grease I should be using on my machine? Where can I find it online the cheapest? Is it worth buying by the drum?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

we just use red head grease in the tubes....buy it by the case from the auto parts. the drums a good idea,,,but. if your machines onsite you cant take the drum with you. just get some guns, and tubes and you'll be fine.

3. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Cool, I just ordered two cases of the red grease. $120 for 20 tubes. I've been having a hard time greasing the ASV's because of old grease and the fact that my grip is weak, I can't push it through. I just picked up the new Lincoln power greaser with the 18v lithium ion battery. I used it today doin the machines and it made it so easy. Thanks for the reply.

4. dieselss

No prob. What asv is it?

5. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I have the RC 50 and an SR 80.

6. dieselss

oh ok,,,new machines,,nice we have older ones,,,and a semi newer rc100

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That seems really expensive for grease. We run wolfs head red and and its only about $35 or so a box. I believe there is about 20 tubes per box.

8. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I will definitely look into that. That is a lot cheaper.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Cheap and best rarely go together. I use Movil 1 synthetic grease for my cars and around the shop. Of course I only use a tube or two per year.

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

We spend a lot on grease. We grease our equipment before every use. It's a heck of a lot easier to grease a machine than it us to replace pins and bushings.

11. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I agree. I plan on doing the same