1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grease Fittings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MC94XR7, Jan 20, 2016.

1. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

On my Western PRO-PLOW® SERIES 2, i have 3 fittings the 2 outer one i managed to fill. but the 1 in the middle doesn't seem to have been greased by the installer- or they probably wiped off the excess grease from the fitting but never wiped the other 2 fittings. How do i know when i have enough grease in that fitting? the other have grease that will ooze out of the parts but the centre fitting, I just keep on pumping the grease in and it doesn'r oozed out of anywhere.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Cause it's not filled yet
    Have you ever greased anything else before?

3. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

I greased the 2 outer fittings. I learned to grease fittings at a shop I used to work at 10 years ago on some cars.

4. dieselss

So you forgot how to do it then?

5. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

This is what I'm trying to find out. Sure feels like I don't know what I'm doing with this plow. Seems way different than suspension components. Where would the grease leak out when I have enough grease?

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The two grease zerks on the pivot bar are quick to fill and you will see grease come out. The third zirk (fitting) must be on the blade pivot bolt? Some plows have a large cavity in there so you need to put 1/2 quart of grease in befor any will leak out. Just keep pumping until you see overflow.

7. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

yes. the pivot bolt. Thanks a lot, bud. i think u nailed, 'er!

8. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

you sound like ypu got a western plow. What kind of grease are you using? My plow had a blue coloured grease installed into it by the installer. When I went back to them to ask them what kind of grease to use, they told me white. This is why I'm confused.

9. dieselss

Use whatever grease you like

10. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I prefer red... it is very pretty... Thumbs Up

11. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Personally I use whatever grease is in my gun at the time. Generally I have red grease but generic chassis grease is fine. On another post someone said they were told to use white greaese, which I understand yo contain lithium. I think that's expensive and overkill. One thing I never use is graphite grease as it tends to dry out and peace residue. But as I tell many customers, it's better to pee on it every day than to grease only once a year. Cheap grease by frequently.

12. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

She might not like you after asking her to put red in it for you lmfao!:laughing:

13. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Thanks guys. So aslong I grese her regularly, I should be good- or urinate on her once a day. I rather grease her once a snowfall than go out in the cold to pee ffs lol