1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely roads

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by WesternproGMC, Nov 21, 2010.

1. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

I’m looking for some bidding help

-it a camp ground that is plow out all winter
    -----it 2miles of Gravely roads snaking throw a wood and also some in a open field
    -----I have to drive 7miles to get to it

about how much should i bill it for

2. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

From my experience with campgrounds, it is going to cost more than they are willing to pay. Is that two miles out and two miles back? you said two miles of road but is that one way or both. Because I plow a road that is 9/10th of a mile long and I charge 100 per push. It is gravel, hilly, and windy. From searching other threads, I have seen many people charge 125 per mile. That is for both ways if i am not mistaken.

So basically if it is 2 miles total it should be around 225-250 per push for just the roads. Be careful with these questions though, you will be told to search because this has been discussed a lot on here and you will get tons of different answers, it depends on your location:nod: