1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gravel Driveways

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by DHDB, Mar 9, 2013.

1. DHDB

DHDB Member

I know this topic has been mentioned many times over, but I could've find what I was looking for in the search feature...
    I am looking for info on the "steel pipe over the trip edge" trick. I have had enough of tearing up my driveway, time for a change. Has anyone done this? I am wondering how you attach the pipe to the plow so it doesn't fall off. Any and all tips/tricks would be appreciated. Thanks guys...

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

3. DHDB

DHDB Member

Thank you Quigley. I did find some listed under "sod savers". I like how they attached the edge to the Boss. Unfortunately, I have a fisher with a lower trip edge, so that won't work. I'm thinking of making some sort of attachment to where the shoes attach. Maybe a chain wrapped thru the hole and attached to the back of the moldboard?

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Attach it to a few of your cutting edge bolts.

5. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Yup You need to make sure it doesn't destroy anything when the blade trips. Maybe a custom made pins where the trip edge attach's.

6. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If that's all you do Make a cutting edge out of mild steel and weld the pipe on the edge