1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gravel driveways/circular driveways

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by godjwood, Nov 21, 2009.

1. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

Hi,

I was told that gravel driveways and circular driveways are more difficult to plow.

What is the strategy for these and what type of price difference?

Would you charge more for a gravel driveway than that of a pavement driveway? how much?

2. I charge 50-100 because they are difficult they look easy but no.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Beers? ................

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I charge 73 Beers for a gravel drive.....Yes gravel drives take more time. You want to pay attention not to plow all the gravel up...It all boils down to attention to detail

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad price. :drinkup:

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Was it a tough decision to raise your price from 72 beers since that was 6 even 12 packs? :laughing:

7. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

which, gravel or circular?

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

It was the toughest decision of my life..But i had to do it...:drinkup:

9. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

50-100 for what? gravel or circular?

10. For both i have a conrete circular drive way i charge 75 plus 30 of salt if needed.

And gravel i charge a 2 car wide by 3 65 per push. I mean if they wanna pay if not bye bye. i just got out bid from a small lawn company by 25 bucks..

11. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

thank you for your response, that is helpful. just for reference, what would you charge for this 2 car wide by 3 car long driveway if it were paved? and i assume this is your first incremental price?

12. i would charge 60..the lowest 45 but i dont really mess with those because alot of people always complain about scratching pavers especially Unilock but hey i dont blame them.

13. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

oh i wasnt talking pavers i meant paved like cement, standard driveway..

14. o lol well 30-40

15. godjwood

godjwood Member
    from ri

so just to clarify it, a cement driveway you would normally charge $40 for you would charge $65 for if it was a stone driveway instead?

From what I have read, they dont seem too bad.. people have said just first few times u have to raise your blade an inch or so until the gravel freezes then you can plow it regular?

16. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

From what I have read, they dont seem too bad.. people have said just first few times u have to raise your blade an inch or so until the gravel freezes then you can plow it regular?

Yeah good luck with that, unless it is perfectly level and flat you will always dig in somewhere.

17. Snowpusher78

Snowpusher78 Junior Member

Gravel is a pain i have plowed one for 7 years lost it this year which is fine with me, my opinion is to stay away from gravel drives if you can, only have one gravel lot now but its a church and the majority of the lot is paved so it goes along with the job.