1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper zero turns

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by TBarOMT, Feb 10, 2010.

1. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

Does anybody use the grasshopper with a blower for sidewalks, I need some info from those that do, since my dealer can not answer any of my questions, Thanks Tim

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

3. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

A guy I subbed for had a broom on 1 and it worked great on sidewalks. It was fast and cleaned great. I know it's not a blower but it might be cheaper.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  4. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

A client of mine (I repair his truck plows, ATVs, and bigger equipment) bought one a month ago with the blower. Does a beautiful job, fast and efficient, he does 9 miles of sidewalks, but it to has issues. The blower attachment does not stay raised enless you hold the button on the steering handles in all the time. I do not think that is right, but I dont know for sure. I am thinking the selling dealer forgot a kit or something for the blower attachment, but again I just don't know. He burns through cutting edges but I solved that with a custom built hardsurfaced AR400 wear bar. I was wondering if there is an electric spout turn avalable for this blower, again, I can fabricate one, but if one is avalable he wants to go that way. I have a few more things that need addressed and am looking forward to chatting with an operater that runs one. Tim