1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper 428 D with 61" deck Pricing Please

Discussion in 'LandscaperPro' started by StratfordPusher, Nov 19, 2007.

1. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Hi all, can't believe what our dealers want for the 428D with seat, mulch kit and 61" deck..... 16,995 CDN and thats with a discount off because of the weak US dollar

Wish someone from Grasshopper would jump in and explain this ripoff?
    I guess I am going to be spending my hard earned cash in the USA instead of Canada.
    Since they are made in the USA there is no duty to bring it across so all I pay is our 14% taxes and I'm homefree with a few extra thousands of dollars in my pocket

Now if there is a dealer in upper New York State, Ohio or Michigan would like to sell me a unit I would be very interested in speaking with you asap.... want a unit before the end of my tax year....
    Here is what I require:
    Brand new Grasshopper 428D with 61" deck, suspension seat, multch kit... will pick up.... no demo units please

Dealers please leave me a method of contact please...

Many thanks

2. Landscaperpro

Landscaperpro Inactive

3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well I can not help you with the 428D but I own a 722D with a 61" deck and it is worth ever bit of the $8,000.00 USD I paid for it used. It only had 300 hours when I bought is VIA EBAY.

I can tell you I service over 325 total acres a week. The 130 acres a week of parks this unit cuts have gotten nothing but compliments. It is part of a 3 man crew that is also using 2 Toro Commercial Z desiel 62" mowers. The Grasshopper gets most of the hours in the wide open areas. The out front deck is great to large open area. It just cuts endless and affordless and mulchs great too.

Now finding a Grasshopper dealer .... lets NOT go there. Even after call Grasshopper I still can not get this unit serviced. I am lucky that my power equipment dealer will service it for me.

Good Luck.

Ron G.