1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

grass tearup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jglandscaping, Feb 18, 2005.

1. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Do you guys tell your customers that you will repair any grass tearups caused by thaws or not raising the blade enough? Any input please.
    Thanks
    James

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I repair any damage I do to the lawn. Iam usually pretty good getting the plow up before it digs into the grass so it does not happen alot. At the end of the season, I rake up all the dirt, sand, rocks, etc. left on the lawn by melting piles of snow that I put there.

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yes, I will reseed or whatever it takes to fix what I tore up. Not a big deal, it doesn't happen that often, however if I screwed it up I will fix it.

4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We run the entire routes with top soil, seed, fertilizer, mulch, straw, etc. and fix anything that is torn up, even if we didn't tear it up. Usually wait until April when its warm enough to get grass going. Also cross market the car cleaning while we're at it.

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got around with grass seed and fix any thing that was ripped up. It says in my contract that other landscaping and hardscapes are not are my responsibly.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Yup same here, fix it for free, not only will it make you a better plower but also help retain customers. I just load up with 1/2 yard of dirt, bag of seed, some starter fertilizer and a bottle of Motrin for the next morning after all the raking :p

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

?? not sure what you mean.

8. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Thanks guys, thats what I will do.
    James

9. Exciteable

Exciteable Member

Not me, I just tell them that there is no charge for my "shaving off the high spots service" on their lawn.

10. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I charge them for a mowing when I do it payup and only replace it for the customers that do Lawn care with me.

11. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Same here they always seem to like that and for what it cost for bulk seed right now it's worth saving a customer.

12. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Grn Mountain - we cross market our other services via pamphlet along with a "we fixed the yard today" note.