1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grass Hopper with snow plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Green Boys Lawn, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Green Boys Lawn

Green Boys Lawn Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone has used the Grass Hopper with the snow plow implement? I'm wondering how well it works, since it's not 4 wheel drive. Does it get good traction, and will it push deep snow. Thanks:)
  2. Spikegt

Spikegt Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

I don't know about the plow but the snowblower attachment works great. I get plenty of traction with the blower on, and I also have skinnier bar tread tires.
  3. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

a guy down the street from me has one, seems alright with snow up to 5 or 6" as long as it isn't wet, he seems to spin alot.
    That and being the zero turn, sometimes one wheel will catch traction, the other will spin, so it seems like he's fighting it from "waldeling" alot.
  4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I was wondering how well the blowers worked. It seems that they would be more efficient that a garden tractor blower being zero turn as long as you could get decent traction.
  5. jwwieberg

jwwieberg Junior Member

I made one for my GH mower. It's just like the OEM blade. I didn't want to spent the $ 600 for one. It's really impressing how well it moves snow, even deep snow. I have new bar tires on the mower with the blade. The blade is a 5 footer, so even when you angle it, it will leave a clean path for the tires. That's is a important thing, make sure you get a 5 foot blade so it will have a clear path for the tires to run on. I really like the foot lever, you can adjust the height easily going over obstacles.