1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grandview when is our last snow coming?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by green frog, Mar 13, 2010.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

How much snow would we need to get with the ground temp warming up? Meaning if 4 inches fall I would guess maybe 1 inch would accumulate.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

March 27th at 230am
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Or maybe now.Wet snow falling.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's a Sat. night. He wants to go to the GF and needs an excuse.:jester:
  5. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

Remember the April storm of 1975? Or are you guys too young to remember. On April 4 & 5 1975 about 16" of snow fell in the area. The Buffalo Airport was closed for over 24 hours. My friend was returning from his honeymoon in Acapulco, the plane had to land in Toronto, it took over 5 hours by car to get back to the area. That storm was the heaviest fall all that winter in the area.
    The latest that I had to plow my jobs was April 22, 1970? something. when 8" of heavy wet snow fell on the area.
    I also remember the first Sunday in May of 1989 when 5" of snow fell in early morning hours, plows were all put away for the season. By 11am with the sun shinning all snow was melted off pavements'
    Last note: my mother had a picture of a 2" snowfall on Memorial Day, May 30, 1947!!!!!
  6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I remember some mid-late April snowfalls. After April 10th, it doesn't matter to me. None of my accounts have my Florida number! :D
  7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

The last few years we have plowed in to the start of April, this year, looks like our last time out was Feb 26, long range weather showing too warm from here on in.

Last year on May 30, we got over 3" of snow that stuck around for a few hours. That is just weird. I was loading the kids bikes on to the van to go away for a holiday and it was snowing like crazy.
  8. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I remember getting 20" on the 20th of April in 1976 from memory............. heavy wet stuff and we had sold our 3/4 ton and 8 1/2 ft plow with lug tires and limited slip rear axle. So went at it with a half ton with open rear and 7 1/2 ft plow and spent most of the day sideways crabbing accross the lots??? Thats when the big heavyer truck, and plow, and the locking rear, and better tires; would have made a big differance! We got it done but it took ALOT longer . A V plow would have made a huge affect on it as well but no one had even heard of that on a pickup in 76!
    I guided fisherman that year in early May out on East Grand Lake and it didnt clear of ice till the 11th and it snowed as hard as it could on the 12/13th and we almost froze out there in a 20' square stern canoes............ your fingers would turn blue and you couldnt even tie a fly on the line! And I remember one spring we all went fishing up to Snake Pond on Memorial Weekend and it snowed like crazy on the Saturday nite and when we unziped the tent in the morning we were met with about 4" of fresh stuff that had ended in rain and then it turned colder so it had a little crust on it! Another cold fishing trip but we had lots of Apricot Brandy if I remember correctly?
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010