1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Graduating Up and need your help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Ideally, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Ideally

Ideally Junior Member
    from Wyoming

I am trying to move from residential into the commercial realm this year and need your help.

I am bidding on this parking lot and trying to figure out how I should structure the pricing.

Based on what I am seeing in this forum, I will probably go flat rate.

This is a motel and a small strip mall. The lot is approx 200' wide x 500' long.
    My questions are:

When pricing, do I include doing the walks, etc. or just for pushing the lot?

Should I do a separate bid to include these areas just in case they want them done?

I will be using a subcontractor with a John Deere skidster to push the lot. This is his first year also so I want to make sure he gets paid properly and still make a profit.

We will be doing a lot of residentials still, but I want the subs to do commercial.

Also, what is the norm for paying subs? Hourly, by the job, etc.? If I have to wait for the customer to pay, should the sub also have to wait to get paid?

If the sub has to go back multiple times during the storm, how would be the best way to structure his pay?

Also, what about salting? What is a good price range for doing this?

That should do with the questions for now. I'm sure I'll think of some more.

Thanks.
    [​IMG]