1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Grader Video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NorthDakota, Oct 12, 2009.

1. NorthDakota

NorthDakota Member

2. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Should I see a doctor if I have already watched this video over 50 times?! :bluebounc
  3. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I think the doctors say

Only if the symtoms continue for in excess of three hours.:dizzy:
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Our town uses three of these, not sure if there Volvo's though. They got there fair share of use during the 98 ice storm too. They even made up some kind of a ice scrapper that bolted onto the blade in attempts to get rid of the ice. At the time we had about 2" - 4" of ice on the road ways. Hope we never have to experience anything like that again.
  5. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

That's pretty standard.. they didn't come up with the idea! There are plenty of scarifying cutting edges out there!
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I was wondering about that. But these guys took what I think was just flat stock and cut jagged teeth into it (It was rough looking), then bolted it on to the bottom of the blade like a cutting edge. They did that for a day or two and saw they weren't getting anywhere with it. Maybe they didn't want to spend the $$ for a real one, or there was too long of a wait. Who Knows, it didn't work though.
  7. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

we have a set of ice blades for our grader, they work ok

if i remember i'll snap a pic when i go back to work