1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Anybody have any opinions on what portable GPS systems are good?? thanks
  2. MnM

MnM Senior Member

as far as portable gps goes, i have only used a tom tom and it works great for me
  3. ght1098

ght1098 Member

I have a Garmin Nuvi 250. It has not let me down. I did a ton of research before i bought mine, I was going to buy the Tom Tom, but then I found an article about someone who did a side by side test with the garmin, Tom Tom, and I think the third was a magellin, I don't remember. Anyway, point was that the garmin out performed and had better features than the Tom Tom, so i went with the garmin.
  4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

garmin Seems to be the top selling gps and best reviewed. From what I've been reading
  5. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Garmin and I have not had any problems thus far.
  6. jay2500hd

jay2500hd Junior Member
    from mass

Garmin works great
  7. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

I've Been Using Garmin Gps6ocsx (i Think) It All Depends On Whether It Is Just For On The Road Or If Your Using It For Recreation As Well If You Are Using It For Recreation And On Road Use The You Want To Look For One That Is Rugged And Water Proof, You Also Wnt To Look At Getting One With A Screen Big Enough You Can Read It And Color Is A Necesity.

I Hope This Helps
  8. SLLNorth

SLLNorth Member

I have been using the Garmin products, depends on your needs however. I also use mine quite a bit out of the vehicle as well. Download maps are great for the outdoors man.
  9. yancy

yancy Senior Member

Garmin is the only way to go you can hook the handhelds in to your computer so you can have a bigger nav screen or if you have the computer in the truck you can get a usb 18 unit are cheep and work good.
  10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

garmin. my girlfriends got the nuvi250 and my fathers got the nuvi760. the 250 does everything you need it to do, but with the 760 you get a bunch more features like music player and just usless junk. the 250 gets you exactly where you need to go, no bells and whistles and thats just fine with me.
  11. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

I hate to go against the crowd but I much prefer the Megellian Maestro over the Garmin. Great mapping software, easy to follow, good address book for customers with programable routes and great 4.3 inch screen for really good price.
  12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Oasis how many stops on a route can you program? 300?
  13. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Exactly. Same one for me.
  14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have a garmin street pilot, They are pretty nice
  15. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

I have a garmin 340c, it's great. The nice part about it is that it actually says the street names when you turn instead of just saying "Turn left in 300ft, 200ft, etc." Pretty much I'd recommend any Garmin product, I use mine everyday and so my buddies and they love them.
  16. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I would go with Garmin, plus that the only one that I have seen in action lol. There is nothing better then getting a call from a customer to plow their driveway and saying no I dont need directions I already know where your house is:D
  17. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I currently own a Garmin Nuvi 350. It is very good plus when I purchsed it at Best Buy they gave me an update of the new maps for only $15 instead of the normal $80 or so i believe. It works great and I love it