1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GPS request

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Got our first gps request for a quote this coming season, thank god... in the past, it seemed even when we have the proof of trucks on site, the management company would deny payment because they'd claim "we weren't there" or were not on camera.... yet they'd never have any proof to back up their claims... This might solve some issues.
  2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Ez go track is what I use for each vehicle. Gps location log every 1 min the vehicle is running. If its parked and off it updates every hr. Easy to print reports.
  3. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Wouldn't the proof be in the piles?
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

No likes piles of salt left in the lots.....
  5. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

so then wouldnt the proof be in,,,, no snow on the pavement? @0

traumasoft does gps tracking as well. If were me tho, i would just write my own app for gps tracking. isnt really that hard.
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

We had a Walgreens location subbed to us that disputed almost everything for February/March 2013... they disputed two plows, one of which i myself was at at 10pm, when the store was still open, with another one of our drivers/trucks who plowed the whole lot while i was dispatched to another site...

And yeah, if no snow, you'd think they'd not dispute salting... but a lot of Walgreens disputed salt services "claiming they wern't required", by 7am when they opened, because our truck was out at 430-6am and it all melted already...even had one manager claim that "the roads wern't even covered", yeah dumb !@#$# those trucks are out pouring out more salt that we do at the same times of the mornings..
  7. birddseedd

lawyer time
  8. SnowDoc

SnowDoc Junior Member

I have a friend who used to work for rite aid now works as a manager at cvs in PA. Hes one of the good guys he wants his plow guy there making it safe for him and everyone else he gets it--he'd rather his stores monthly snow budget get used than a lawsuit a year later...well he told me retail mgrs. are told even when they know vendors were there to save as much budget as possible even if its to deny service because the more money left over from the facilities budget they get quarterly bonuses from it:nono:
  9. birddseedd

thats just a dumb idea.
  10. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah i've found this info out from ex. Walgreens mgrs. too. Its not much either. Like i'd rather just hand all of them $25 everytime we need something else signed to keep them happy.. like an illegal kickback, but damn, they're ripping you off hundreds to save pennies.