1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Government bids

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Mick, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've seen some posts regarding how one knows if they bidding too high and by how much, usually in the sense of complaining about "lowballers". For anyone who doesn't know - if you bid in response to a government RFP, you are entitled to view all bids (after the bids close). I've taken advantage of this in the past to determine if I was wasting my time ( I was - the winner was 1/2 of my bid). By seeing all the bids, you can determine who your competition is for these jobs and see their bidding process. You can also determine if you want to continue pursuing these, as usually the same companies will bid them, over and over.
  2. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Very good advise.

I also watch bids this way and learn alot on pricing trends from year to year,I also write down each contractor and each bid amount for future reference every year.