1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gotta love this.....long

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by almostbk1stday, Dec 30, 2005.

1. almostbk1stday

almostbk1stday Member
    from ontario

I plow a dentists/doctors office. This place holds 60-80 cars easy. I asked the lady who signed the contract for a holiday schedule. She didnt get back to me.

I bill them $350 per month for the entire lot PLUS $82 everytime I lay salt. This place is my goldmine. Well, xmas evening we get slammed with 4 inches of unexpected snowfall. I plow them and salt them cuz it was still coming down when I left. Long story short, I get a call 1 hour ago asking why I salted on xmas???? I told her that I requested a holiday schedule and since I didnt receive one, I used my judgement to salt. I'm not sure if some go-getter doctor is humping his secretary on boxing day and needs a clear shot in to his office.

Why is it some people want the world only to complain about something so minor????

On a side note....this very same place asked me if I carry commercial insurance (I do not). I have 35 residences that I plow (11 are friends) and this one commercial spot which I never plow past 7am EVER. It is stated in my contract that I am not responsible for slip/falls, damage etc...but I will NEVER plow past 7am or before 8pm to ensure NO ONE is parked on the property. Anyway, she agreed to take my bid knowing I didnt carry insurance. Today, she stated the president of the company emailed her (yeah right) and requested the insurance and there was nothing she could do about it. I told her that if thats what he wanted, so be it and I thanked them for their business and wished them happy holidays. I get a call 5 minutes later asking what coverages I had with my landscaping company (I tell her) and THEY ACCEPT THAT!!!???? I think she was bluffing about dropping me (or couldnt find anyone else) and since I could play a full NHL game on their walkway alone, I don't care if they drop me cuz its ALOT of work just to clear the walkway.

The last three years of plowing I paid $15,500 per year for insurance and being my last year, I dropped it.

This is my last year plowing as I can no longer take the headaches of customers who feel I have 35 trucks parked outside their houses waiting for that last flake to hit 5cm.

I rambled off but thats just what I do.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

i do a doctors office also,after hours i keep only half plowed because they may have an emergency. As for salting buy a bag put bow on it with a note saying happy boxing day.

For ins. get it now or stop plowing.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A little off topic how much for a 2-4 of blue now?