1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gotta Love summer deals!... "New" truck to the fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mick76, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

2001 Chevy 2500HD, 8.1 with allison Tranny, Loaded with Dump insert, no rust, clean, TIGHT, Fisher 8.5 extreme v, only 86K.........Just have to replace brake lines (ya their toast!), add a leaf spring to the back (I'm putting a ss sander in the back),
    and letter her up!

2001Chevytruck1.jpg

2001chevytruck2.jpg

2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Thats sweet mick, Good luck with that. Did it come with the extreme V or did you add it.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

So if your looking for a truck to hang that other xtreme V on, mine is sitting here waiting ;)

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck Mick, congrats.

Bossman

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Its coming with a 8.5 straight blade but I got another sweet deal on a 2 year old 8.5 extreme v that I'm putting on it. I'll be selling the 8.5 straight

6. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

If you dont mind me asking what did you pick the truck up for?

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I paid trade in book and got the plow and dump for free! Its one of those deals that you just can't pass up!... Now does anyone in new england have a good ss sander I can put in the back of it?

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

what are you looking to spend for a sander?

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

ncie truck, we have an 02 with the 6.0 and need to change the brake lines soon as well. check the wheel bearings, did both of ours within the last year, got about 110K on the clock

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

why not use the dump insert? We have 6 and while they are not as good as a vbox, you can find a used one very cheap and they are light and easy to use.

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Nice truck Mick. can't wait to see pictures of it all fitted up, ready to go.

12. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

GoldPro,
    If you've got a deal, I'm willing to listen......

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great truck Mick. Did you get that town contract?

14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

That one won't be coming up till the following season... still in the planning stages with all the equipment I'd have to buy (not sure if it would be worth it but i've got time to crunch the #'s)

15. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I didn't even think of that... i didn't know they made a spreader for the back of the insert? what do u use with your inserts and how much can you put in them?

TIA

16. mercer_me

My uncle just got the contract for Belgrade this summer. He just bought a GMC Top Kick from a state oction and 3 Internationals from a guy in Patten. Plus he has a Ford 8000, a Ford 9000, and an International. So this Winter he has the contract for North Belgrade and Belgrade.

17. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I'll have to take you and your uncle out for coffee sometime! I Won't make crap the first year with all the equipment purchases and I'm sure repairs but as long as i get a 3 year deal it might be worth it.....

18. mercer_me

You should go to a state oction, you can get wicked good deals. Like you said the first year you won't make much, but after that you will make money.