1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gotta have this!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VAhighwayman, Nov 15, 2006.

1. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

2. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

3. VAhighwayman

I have no idea...i stumbled across the web site and they offered the videos..
    so I just simply shared them for those who are interested
  4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

ME WANT ONE! I always seem to slide into the ditch! :dizzy:
  5. VAhighwayman

Gotta hate when that happens...LOL...ironic how the shoulder or ditch always finds you when you don't know where it is
  6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Usually I run the Wheel loader, then when I fall off the road, I can dig my self out! Then that uaually insures us landscaping projects in the spring, lol
  7. VAhighwayman

I understand that...I was usually in a motor grader with a 12' angle blade mounted in front
    and with the 12' belly blade...I sometimes started landscaping early...LOL
  8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I watched that last video a few times and still cant get enough of it. Man i wish that was me!:nod:
  9. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

That's pretty wild, but it doesn't look like it clears that wide of a path.
  10. VAhighwayman

I don't know if it can be adjusted out o give you a wider pass...but in some cases..that extra 2 foot does come in handy
  11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that looks cool i think theres a member or 2 on here that have that i think ive seen pics of their trucks in a thread before
  12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

There is a new company called JAGG Wing that has a wing to. I like their designed much better.
  13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

It will add about 4' of clearing to your front plow.

What's better about the JJAG over Sidewing?
  14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

That would be fun as hell to use! I dont think i would wanna pay for it though!payup
  15. mark m

mark m Junior Member

sweet!!!!!!!! how much?:dizzy:
  16. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you see the spillage left over from the front plow to the side plow? There was a line of coke left on some of the video.
  17. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Looks nice but I wouldn't put that on anything smaller then a 1 ton dump; it looks like if you hit something even minor the whole body of the truck will get torn up. Also needs to be a little bigger.
  18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree the last video is cool, but as someone else mentioned the trail left from ft. plow to rear plow is kinda messy, also it looks as though they have HID lights in the trucks.
  19. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

give me a brake....

I know its the nature of the beast that people must make their opinions known on a subject they know very little about, but all your doing is making yourself look like an :jester: . 10 minutes of searching on this subject and you'll realize that the side wings whomever the manufacture, work very well, actually balance the truck better with one on than without, make your 8' plow into a 12', etc and blah blah blah.

Yes they cost a fair amount,(last I checked it was around 5k +/-) but with the right accounts will pay for themselves very quickly- the key is to have the right kind of accounts. Don't buy one for driveways, but doing private road work or large commercial and you will be raking in the payup .
  20. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

Operator error!
    Heel & toe (usually in that order) of wing must be adjusted to level cutting edge to pavement each time the wing is deployed. A good operator can do this by feel once he is familiar with the equipment. Poor adjustment - unlevel or too much down pressure results in uneven or rounded cutting edge wear. Can't tell you how many times I had to correct new crewmen on this issue.

Not sure I care for the rear mount position. We always ran both highway and benching wings from front or mid mount.