1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got truck, now stuck..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mycorrado, Sep 15, 2009.

1. mycorrado

mycorrado Junior Member

I was in the market for a diesel truck and wound up buying one plow ready.. :waving:

The truck is a 2001 Dodge 2500, setup for plowing last winter with a 7.6 western and the ultramount.

Problem is, it seems the plow is stuck on the truck frame. I've lowered the shoes unhooking the plow frame from the pins, unplugged the wires and the truck just drags the plow when I try to back out of it.

Any suggestions on how to get it unstuck?

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

get the liquid wrench out, soak it, and get the BFH out and let er rip, if that don't work, tie a chain around the plow around a tree, and back up
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Put a jack under the plow and lift. That will free the frame up.
    If you have problems getting the plow off, are you sure you want to plow snow????
  4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

they are very sensitive to level, meaning if the truck and plow aren't on a fairly level surface it will bind up.

i can't believe nobody said that, if you have never owned one you may just be all out of whack on a bad surface and you will never get it off. Truck azz down is the worst.

Also if it's been on there forever it's rusted...it will seperate.

. Make sure the feet hit the ground also.

don't chain it to anything...get 3 of your buddies and work it out of there...between 4 guys you can just pick it up....
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

BTW, this is the new to industry forum RIGHT.....

Welcome to the Sno biz man.....spend about 120 hours reading past threads and get yourself up to speed.
  6. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

120 hours is about right. I have used the search feature more on this forum then any other forum I have been on. And Im still confused :) j/k