1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the U Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joey D, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I just got mine today( thanks Dino) and installed it as well. When I picked it up of the porch I thought WTF, as I grabbed one end of it and it just bent. This thing is super flexable. Not what I expected. But all the talk about them I had to try it.

When I installed it I used a 4 inch plate over each bolt instead of using the old edge. Will this be OK? I also left 1 1/4 inch below the flip edge. Does this need to broken in? I thought I read that somewhere.

Can't wait for snow.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Joey,it wont scrape well until its broken in.If you want to speed it up a bit, i run mine right down the road with the plow down for a mile or so.I wont do in on dry blacktop,only if the roads wet.It takes a mile or 2 on rogh blacktop to get the edge totally worn in.Once its to that point wear seems to slow dramatically.
  3. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

4. phishoook

phishoook Member

I may as well buy one, I've had to buy everything else lately.