1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the salt dogg in.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Nov 5, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Put in the 2000 we picked up earlier this week, tore out 2 aprons and formed and then that night got this thing installed b/c they were threating with snow this weekend and we have an HOA with a 0 tolerance on their roadways lol.

really impressed with the packaging and content of the unit, wiring was all nice and bound, just getting that big arse round plug through the firewall was a pain.

and a couple other pics of the tint on the front windshield, mounting locations for the cb, controller and a switch panel we are putting in. Gotta fab up the face plates still.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Like the windshield tint! Is it legal?

4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

nice looking set up, I also like the front tint

5. PTSolutions

the front top tint is probably not b/c it comes down past the AS1 line on the windshield by like 2", not too sure what the law is regarding the bottom portion though.

6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i really like that setup. have you ever considered making a guard around the spinner. looks like one fight with a frozen snowbank and it will be hurtin.:gunsfiring:

7. PTSolutions

probably will be, gotta figure out what im going to do about protecting the back of the truck against the salt too, gotta find some heavy rubber.

8. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice truck. I see you already did something with the exhaust :nod: bet it sounds nice. Are you running a turbo back system?

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice set up. I like how you have your switches.

10. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

looks good. I just picked up that exact same spreader today. The dealer told me same thing, getting the plug in the cab will be the only trouble.

11. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

nice spreader but im much more interested in the cb stuff lol. does that cb unit wedge into that old tray or is it sitting on top of the controller? thats awesome, was trying to think of somewhere to jam my cb instead of mounted to the floor. also, i really want to mount my cb antenna's to my mirrors but dont really know how to run the wires into the truck. i have a few ideas but not sure how i want to do it. how did you run yours into the cab and some close pictures would be great.

12. PTSolutions

actually for the exhaust my brother just unclamped the stock muffler off right after the cat. it gives it a nice rumble under load, but not too much louder to be annoying. we might put a turbo back in along with the egr delete next spring.

for the plug, i popped out the large rubber grommet that has a bundle going through it, then notched the side of it so the cable fit snug, then siliconed the crap out of it.

the cb fits in that tray slot with a small bit of filing to the plastic, its not screwed in at all and fits really snug, the controller is actually mounted to the cb and the both units are in there pretty stiff.

as for the antenna wires, we used a round file to the plastic just under where the mirror hinges and the wire fits through there perfectly, and its ran through the rubber tube that carries the wires from the cab into the door. ill snap some more pics of that.

13. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

thats what i was thinking about doing but how hard was it to fish the coax cable through the tube in the door? i remember last time i ran speaker wire through there in a car i used to have it was brutal getting it thorugh there but that tube was packed with wire, hopefully the ford one is a little bigger and not as full. also are those just standard antenna mounts on the mirror or are they somehting different? they hold on there ok, dont more around or losen up at all will at the wind resistance on em?

14. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

what are the sides for

15. PTSolutions

for leaf cleanups and grass clippings. we still havent really started the leaf cleanups yet and got a couple inches yesterday, went out and salted the road of our hoa. the sides are painted to match our trailer, it is charcoal gray front with a chrome strip and brandywine back half.

my brother said it wasnt that hard getting it through the tubes, he just took the door panel off. whats nice about this truck is that there are not alot of wires and stuff under the dash by the firewall so you have room to work. the chevy is a cluster f under there. The antenna mounts came in the pack, just used longer stainless hardware to fit around the mirror arm. the spring mounts help to take alot of the vibration out so they stay really tight. here are the pics of the install:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. PTSolutions

17. PTSolutions

just a couple bits of info:

truck with full tank of gas, boss 9'2" VXT with wing brackets (no wings on) and empty salt dogg SHPE 2000 weighs: 9320 lbs.

loaded up with 1.02 tons of bulk (about 1/2 hopper full) brought it out to 11,360 lbs. just under the 11,500 gvwr.

18. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That's really nice man, I would love to do something like that with the tint on the windshield but I already had a trooper after me yesterday because my window tint is too dark on the sides.

19. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

plowing with tinted windows in the dark was to hard for me

20. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

they key to this is lots of ligts!!!!!!!