1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

got the plow on! im ready

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Oct 10, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

well since we had 4" back on sept 26th i got worried. ofcourse it didnt stay but it had me scared lol

so i finally hooked her up for the first time of the season. like every year no issues shes working great!

now before it really snows i need to finish my backrack, clean the plow, and wax the truck. i have alot to do.

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Good to hear you got snow already. Truck and Plow look good, I have to get mine ready also. I know it is a little too early, but rather do it now then wait to the snow starts flying.
  3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, how about some pictures of the backrack?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

your front grill really looks hidious man, other then that its all looking good, also for this year make sure that annoying kid isnt talking while he films you plowing.
  5. 91AK250

i debated on the billet grill, its grown on me and i like it. plus with it i have room for my Hellas behind it.
    dont worry he wont be filiming lol

i'll get a few pics of the backrack when i get it done.

i'm getting antsy on the snow, wish it would come now.
  6. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

Nice colour
    Sorry I'm not a fan of ford though
  7. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Nobody is perfect lol JK I like em all
  8. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

how does the plow trip with the wings welded to the cutting edge?
  9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I love your truck man except the color maybe red next time...?
    Otherwise, nice set up .....
  10. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

How do you like the box sides. Would you do them differently if you had them to do over? Would they be shorter? I am considering some sort of wings on my boss but don't know what to do yet. :waving:
  11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, what happened to all the nice guys on here.....
  12. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

I think that is a sweet rig and I alway look forward to your posts.
    I love that grill. It matches that truck and color so well.
    Maybe this year you wont take your plow off so early....lol.
    Good luck to you up there
  13. 91AK250

red? nothanks i own one red truck thats one tomany. i love orange and took alot of time picking the color i painted the f-250. very happy with that selction.

i have to agree, damn this place used to ooze with postive comments and nice people. maybe times are changing though. i know i allways try to pass on a postive comment or atleast be nice(not calling anyone out or anything just the "tone" of this place has changed) idk what happend between seasons.

i dont plan to take the plow off this season untill its 70* and sunny with no chance of snow. i hate putting that thing on out in a snow storm.

but thanks for the input....i have more to do before winter but right now its baby steps. lol

i have 2 LED beacons, 2 55w work lights to also go on the backrack which i think will help plowing in the dark. i'll be adding a relay for the HID plow headlights so i can take advantage of them also because as it is they turn off due to a lack of voltage when running the plow. will be nice to fix that.

about the wings, i LOVE them i've been running them since '02. the place i work(local boss dealer) we build/install these wings and we sell ALOT of them. the plow still trips as normal but it holds the snow very well when making a run. without angling the plow. also it still throws snow very well when angled.
  14. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

Is it possible to take a pic of how the wings are attached to the plow? How thick is the metal on the wing? When the cutting edge is changed will you just add rubber edges to make up for the wear?
  15. 91AK250

yeah i can take some pics..

the wings are bolted on the sides, then you can see the suport bar that is bolted to the cutting edge.

i believe they are quarter inch plate, i've had to make so many sets here latly lol gotta love the plasma cutter though.

about the cutting edge, mines never been changed. as little as its used its still in good shape. but i have replaced a few at work. if theres a large gap we just weld in a filler plate to make them level with the ground.
  16. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Well i think your truck looks good, despite what others may think. Did you get new rims for it?
  17. 91AK250

well thanks haha and yeah, i found a hell of a deal. brand new mud tires on a set of alum wheels for $250. i said what the hell, the tires were worth that. the wheels are pretty pitted and **** so i'm thinking i'll get them sand blasted/powder coated next summer i think.
  18. 91AK250, I think the color looks great on the truck, the grille looks cool, and the rims finish out the package. The only thing that I see wrong with it is the blue oval.:D
  19. 91AK250

haha i'll take what i can get from a chevy guy. we are a ford family, i've got the f-250, excursion, 4 explorers and soon to be a expedition. the rest of the family trys to keep up also.

and i'm working on plow pics, i didnt forget!
  20. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Just wondering why so many cars?