1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the new truck all set up

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by plowinzr2, Aug 8, 2011.

1. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

Just wanted to get some opinions on the new truck I picked up in march. Its a 94 Sierra 1500 with just over 100k fully loaded. Traded my 89 and $500 to get it. just put the mm2 on last week along with the mini edge and hide-a-ways i picked up for 50 bucks. Now im just tryin to decide what to do with the bottom to keep it from rotting any suggestions?

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

2. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

gravel guard or an other kind of ruberized paint:mechanic:

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen some people do line-x

4. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

my 98 ecsb silverado came up from texas (im in rust-hell, Michigan) and the underside is still so clean you could eat pancakes off it, and a friend of the family owns a ziebart so im going that route. i also thought about line-x or some other bedliner. if your on the cheap, go to the local parts store and pick up a couple rattle cans of rubberized undercoating...

5. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Fluid Film does wonders. Spray the whole bottom before plowing season, re-apply every year.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck and plow. Good luck with it.

7. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

looks like a nice setup. As for rot, i just found out HF sells undercoating in the spray cans. Its sold in a large pack of i belive 8 or 12 cans. And its cheap.

8. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Sharp looking truck. I would paint the frame with chassis saver.

9. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

Im liking the idea of the bedliner on the body and frame saver on the frame thanks for all the compliments.anyone ever get the stainless or chrome rocker panel kits that go front to back?

10. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

dont take this the wrong way but when you start to chrome it out these trucks start to look like Sh)t. Imho, I would Get rid of any rust on the under carrage. Put a good rust inhibitor on it and finnally under coat it with a chassis undercoating. Id also spray the wheel wells the same way. makeing sure to put a heavy coating on the lip to prevent rot. Next i would scuff the lower part of the doors and fender "flairs" And paint them with a known brand of Bed liner such as hurculiner. There Is a great example of this in This thred http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=101643 . You can consider using white however id personally keep it black. If the bumpers are rusting on the inside, id take them off sand out the rust and prime and paint them with bed liner. all of my suggestions are to make the truck last.

11. eclipse85k10

eclipse85k10 Junior Member

I dont mind the look of those chrome panels on the lower body, but I dont think that would be good in your location. It could collect condensation behind there and rust out.