1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the new snowbear plow

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by BC Handyman, Sep 17, 2011.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

So I decided I needed a 2nd plow, mostly as a back up. So I loked very hard for a plow for my 1/2 ton and since there in NO dealer of any other plow co. within 300+ km of here I decieded to get the new snowbear Winterwolf PRO. It is the new and most heavy duty plow snowbear has made so far. It has 7 ribs(usually 6) with a pipe welded accross the entire length of the blade accross all ribs. This is a great addition as it will help stiffen up the blade. It also has the electric acuator with chain insted of the winch/strap. The acuator is very quiet(id say 65% then winch) It is still slow though, I'd like to see it atleast 25% faster. It also has a poly cutting edge , but I think I'm going to get a big thick steele cutting blade so it adds more weight, so I can back drag better. It also has another bar accross the a frame for more support/strength. It weighs close to 400 lbs so it has a bit more weight the other snowbears. I will say to snowbear, make sure the moldbords dont have the weld/heat mark showing though to the front of the mould board. mine does and it dont look great. Any way here is a quick picture. I can post more if anybody is thinging of getting this plow. Sorry about quality is was getting pretty dark.tymusic

2. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

please post more of the new lift actuator
  3. BC Handyman

4. BC Handyman

here is another quick phone picture, it is close to full extention, 85-90% out/extended.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. BC Handyman

so here is a pic of the back of the mouldboard before it was assembled.

6. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

Wish they were around 2-3 years ago when I was in the market....

Looks great.
  7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I don't get it. what is that a back up plow for? That thing looks super super light.
  8. BC Handyman

well this will be my driveway plow & my old snowbear will be a back up plow, in case I break the new one, or somebody hits it. I'd rather have a backup plow just in case so I can still service my customers. Ya it by no means is a "heavy duty" plow, but is better then any other previous snowbear plow.
  9. BC Handyman

winter wolf pro plow

well here is a pic of the new plow on my 1/2 ton ram before i put the lights on. I think it looks ok, but i still like the look of the Stainless steel. In this pic I had the silly stand stuck on aswell, That thing is in the back of the shed alreadyThumbs Up

10. acornish

acornish Senior Member

looks good