1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the last snowplow check in this weekend!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jul 28, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just in time to start the new billing season!:D

2. Pool&Plow

Pool&Plow Junior Member

Me too Hahaha! always has to be one straggler. I knew I'd get it eventually.

3. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

I guess you get enough action going on some of it takes a while to catch up with you, I got the last big one last week and in another week or so we will do the contract up for the next season. Some places you don't mind you know they will get right with you, I had one place tho chase and call the dirt bag landlord and alway get the office girl who seem a tad light between the ears they have one story after another why they can't cut a check, finally get paid I told them call only when you have cash.

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

All mine paid up by the end of May except for 1 guy. He might have a hard time getting into his small personal lot next winter. :laughing:

5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Owed $85.00 ... Will never see that money

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Got my last check about 3 weeks ago. And it came in handy.

7. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Can't wait to "even up" with a deadbeat landlord this winter. Not sure if I'm going to block the entrance or just all the main entry doors. Probably just the entrance.

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Had a ex plow partner try and screw me took 3 months to catch up he paid though all of regular customers paid with in a few weeks of billing

9. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it jim from vts? He owes a lot of people yet. He worked for tovar and stiffed anyone who worked directly for him. After talking to some route managers I hope he finds it very difficult to find employment there again!!!

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have a guy who signed on halfway through the season-paid by CC. Then signed up for mowing and hasn't paid yet.

It shouldn't surprise someone if they have more than the actual snowfall at the end of their driveway if he doesn't get his crap together.

11. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Almost started the same thread when I got mine last Friday. They sure did break the bank and paid for February and March, all at once.

12. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

No it was a former sub like myself his truck broke down I helped him do his route said he pay me we agreed on a price then took 3 months to pay always had an excuse as to why he couldn't then he would not show up during a storm he finally paid after and he is not going to be there next year I would expect that from a customer with the winter we had but no from a fellow power you help out so he can make money sorry for the penmanship posted from a dump phone

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  13. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I still have money out... Had a meeting yesterday about it.... Its coming i guess..

14. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Still waiting on two USPS accounts and one national chain. The amounts are small, but it's the principle. It seems the larger the customer, the slower they pay. I had an older couple that would send the check the next day even before the invioce was sent.

15. grandview

As in ups stores or post office?

16. FourDiamond

Sorry for the slow reply. Post office

17. grandview

Surprised,they are paying by credit card only now. That's how they want me to bill them.

18. FourDiamond

Was suppose to be the same thing us, but in February the credit cards were pulled from the two local branches we service. At least that's the story the postmasters are giving me.

19. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

The most demanding customer I had still owes me $700. Every month I get a partial check and a hand written note saying why he can't pay the full amount. Also says he wants us this season too.....