1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the job.. Thanks guys

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by z71Worker, Dec 14, 2004.

1. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

Well i got the job that i was asking for info on yesterday..

Got a copy of all the jobs (15 residentials all paved)
    Got the key to a 2003 GMC 3500 Deisel Dully with a flat bed, and 8ft RD fisher.. should there be extra weight back there, currently there is none?
    Gonna grab the truck tonight and drive the entire route as well as scope out the drives..
    They say all have been staked..
    Truck is soley dedicated to myself, so i can take this truck for the season and leave it at my home which saves alot of time..

- side note - kinda p'd off that i just spent almost 4k on a plow for my own personal truck!!!!!!

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Congratulations! Are you sure though that it's an 8' plow and not a 9'? An 8' won't cover the wheels on a dually if you have it turned to a side...
  3. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

umm now im confused.. im pretty sure that it was a Fisher 8ft RD, but the website doesnt even list an 8ft RD.. ill have to check tonight..
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If that truck is 4x4 then you won't need any extra weight. I hope it is a hd plow as you have a lot of truck behind that plow. Good luck and take your time.
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Congratulations and like CET said, with 4wd, that's a lot of truck. I would bet it's a 9', though. I've got the same basic setup and only had trouble once. That was pushing about 20" of snow on ice up a steep hill when I came to a 45 degree angle. I'd left the Vbox empty and it started pulling sideways. Next time I solved that with a yard of sand for ballast.
  6. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

OK, took the truck last night for a few hours and ran the route in a few different directions.. Truck took some time to get used to, have drivin a lot of trucks that big, but it was a trip not having the rear view due to the dump bed.. The plow is a 9ft fisher HD.. I was wrong in the previous post.. I'll tell ya, its alot of truck for doing residential drives with..
  7. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

Just a thought,

Do you have anyone you'd trust to drive your personal truck to plow w/?
    You had mentioned you spent the $$ to put a plow on it. If you could have that running arond as well it might be worth it.
    Just a thought...
  8. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

too be honest, i would never let anyone drive around and plow with my truck.. its only got 3k miles on it and the plow is a week old (still my baby). i added the plow just to do my newly aquired driveway (ps closing on my first house friday at 4pm, have a beer for me!!) but not for any commercial work.. its a good idea, but i think ill just put the plow in the garage and keep it new for the year.. but yes.. i do still wish i had not spent the cash on it..