1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Got the Front Mount Blower on

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ff1221, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

Got the Blower all mounted up on the front, and a box scraper on the back, my back and neck are thanking me.:D

Feb 01 09 015 (Small).jpg

Feb 01 09 017 (Small).jpg

Feb 01 09 021 (Small).jpg

Feb 01 09 023 (Small).jpg
  2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Nice :) Running off the mid pto it looks like. How many hp is the mid? Have you used it yet?
  3. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Nice rig. Beasty
  4. ff1221

Runs off the rear PTO through a gearbox, with a shaft underneath.I've got 120hrs on the tractor since mid December, and I've put about 25hrs on since the blower went on a couple of weeks ago. I was using a rear blower until I got this installed
  5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That blower looks mean :D
  6. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice looking rig. I'm amazed at how the hood on the tractor slopes so much. Must be good for loader work.

Congrats, hopefully it will make lots of coin for you.
  7. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

what is the lift capacity of that tractor, also what did that set up cost, ball park??
  8. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

9. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice lookin' setup
  10. ff1221

When you're in the cab you don't see the hood for the dash, it's awesome, you have a clear view of the blower, and I haven't had the loader on it yet, but i would imagine you'll be able to see the bucket clearly.

The lift capacty on the 3 point hitch is around 9000lbs and the loader is 4400 lbs to max height. The whole setup including blower setup, loader and taxes was around $90k.
  11. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Could you post some more detailed pictures of your mounting system up front? it looks like you custom built one to fit the mounts for the loader boom. I like the idea of a parallelogram linkage up front for the blower lift, it keeps it tucked in nice and tight to eliminate the leverage effect.

I think i speak for all of us when I say i's like to see some video of that bad bow tearing into a snowdrift. The blower fan looks to be a good size, it must really chuck the snow!! i like the connected linkage for the chute deflector, nice, smooth transition so as not to reduct the snow's velocity too much,
  12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice setup! First class all the way :salute:
  13. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

don't break it

hey ff1221 nice tractor and a very capable setup you have . Don't break off the blue light
    its still new.!!!
  14. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

it's cool you can run that off the rear pto even when you have the attachment hooked up back there.. nice tractor!
  15. ff1221

LOL, Blue light is on a swivel, which is good, otherwise I would have torn it off a dozen times now, the antenna on the other hand is not, and I have replaced it once already.
  16. Jdeerekid

Jdeerekid Member

Wow that sure looks nice!!! Frame looks real sturdy, but the front looks quite low to the ground. Maybe it is just the picture though. Would really like to see that thing in action:).
  17. ff1221

Ya, the frame comes down pretty low, they likely figured anywhere it was going it would be following the blower, so it shouldn't hit anything.

I got some video the other day so I just have to figure out how to post it.